Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going on my 3rd starter replacement for my svt focus. last one was on december 22 08. today had to pay some bills. drove around a bit with no problems. tried to crank up and leave a place and thats when the fun began. car cranked fine but started wouldnt disengage. and when you turned the key off the starter still kept trying to crank the engine. so i started checking things. i first disconnected the 12volt signal wire that goes to the silinode thinking that it was constantly sending voltage to the starters silinode. but still kept cranking. so i desided to disconnect the 12volt power cable that goes to the starter and it quit. reconnected it and nothing. but when i tried to start it again it did the samething. im guessing the starter has magicly crapped out again. ordered another one for an exchange thanks to warranty. sucks got to spend another few hours under the car changing it. anyone else haveing constant starter problems and what could be causing it. last one that went out in december just stopped working out of the blue.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replaced the starter friday no problems so far. for some reason thou my car has been starting slowly even with the last starter. i purchased a new battery at the end of last month so i dont think theres a problem with the battery. voltage gauge reads fine

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Can you get somebody to help you and measure the voltage at the starter while it's turning the engine over. Then do the same test again, but measure the voltage at the battery. With a good battery, they should only differ by a volt or two. If it's more than that, you probably have a cable problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts