Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today got into it a little and went from 2nd to 3rd and missed 3rd bad!!! when im at idle it goes into every gear as it should and when i shift under 3k rpms they go into gear fine it seems I have to match the motor to the shift and its fine but anything over 3k rpms it wont go into anything!! idk what the issue is I thought syncro but i thought each gear has its own syncro!!??

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, you prolly messed the synchros. can you go in non sequential order? does it make any funny noises?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it goes in order downshifts are hard to do unlessed rpms are match and the gear i missed grinds now but stays in gear! but how long will something like this last under normal driving conditions!?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
forever till you get it fixed. it may be worth it for you just to get a new trans. pulling the trans is expensive and you can find a used mtx for about 250 bucks if you look.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
it could be the pinion

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
when your at a standstill it shifts fine? i had a similar problem about 2 months after i got my car and theres actually a tsb on the clutch disk, sure enough we changed it at my job and the disc was cracked, other than that it could be a pressure plate or synchros

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
get the tranny out and check the clutch/pressure plate/flywheel...once you get to a higher rev it wont make good contact so thats why your having hard shifting, whats the highest rev you can shift to? and can u downshift easy or you have to let the revs drop alot?

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
No matter how hard you shift? Like you physically can't get it into gear above 3k?

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Thats happening to my third gear. When i rev out 2nd gear and put it into third it grinds even if i have the clutch to the floor. Im told my syncro's are messed up and it will need to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah no matter how hard i try to shift it just wont go in! now if i hold it to the gear as im shifting when it gets to the rpm where the motor is matched to the gear it will go in, when i press clutch Rpms drop but its identical to driving the car without the clutch but as i said clutch does drop the rpms

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
if you have to match revs for it to shift i would think its syncros

1 - 19 of 19 Posts