Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ever since i have tinted my windows its been harder to see at night. I was given a wireless reverse camera and absolutely love it when its light out but i leave so early in the morning and get home so late that its still hard to see. So i was thinking of adding a set of fog lights and connecting them to my backup lights. Has anyone else done this? How hard is this? and What wire do i need to splice into?

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
dosnt the uk focus have those mounted in the rear bumper?
bingo, yes it does, but since he drives a zx4, he cant mount them in there without some modification. Here is what they look like just in case anyone was wondering.

Hey, do either of you who live in WA ever head over towards idaho or montana any time? im just in Missoula, so im within two hours or three hours of Spokane if you ever wanna have a meet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking i could mount some fog lights underneath the back bumper or something so when i put the car in reverse the lights come on.I don't really want to cut into the bumper. Just not sure what wire to splice into.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey man

wiring is easy...

splice into the reverse light circut to give a Relay the power to Kick.

Run a... proally looking 16 gauge for (1) 55W light from your batt, to the relay IN side. then hook the fog light power IN to the power out of the relay.

when you flip the car into reverse, the lights come on.... Send power to the Relay... closes the circut sends the power from the batt wire.. threw the relay to the lights.

simple as... umm... never mind on that thought night now
cant think straight... [cheers]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its beer 30? lol. Jack and I are having our own conversation. I think i should just go buy a set of fogs and have someone else install them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey

yeah, it was [drinking] 30... for a few hours ha ha ha

but now i can think... its dam easy to get lights wired in

im not to sure how to get into where the reverse light/brake light houseing is... so thats on your own.

Find the wire going to the reverse light that has power when you flip it into reverse, use a test light.

use a quick connect off of that to go to the relay,

then, run a power wire... how ever you would like from your batt, (inline fuse under your hood) back to the rear of the car.

find a safe location for the relay where you can wire in the the wire from the reverse light and the bat wire, you could place it by or under your spare tire and make a small hole in the bottom to go to the light.. if theres an opening.

add in the reverse light where you want it, then run the wire from the relay..

so with out being able to draw a picture.. it would kinda work like this...

Power feed from bat, to relay.
Kicker wire from reverse light power feed, to relay kicker post.
power out from relay, to lights.

when you put it into reverse, the power goes threw the relay and draws directly from the bat.

pm me if you want any more... specific...directions...

or if your in PA, i might be able to do it :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts