Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HUGE problem:

The other day, the power locks on my 2003 Ford Focus went out. Neither the clicker nor the dash button work, although I can hear a click in the dashboard when I try to use them. Normally, this would be a minor inconvenience since I do have the key. The driver's side door unlocks fine. However, when I try to use the key on the trunk lock, it seems to unlock, butwen I try to lift the trunk lid, it catches on something inside the latching mechanism after about an inch or two. Long story short: I am completely unable to open my trunk, and this is a buge problem because I have some critical documents and items inside.the trunk! At the moment, I'm not even worried about repairs--I just need to get the trunk open! It's a sedan, not a hatchback. What can I do to get my stuff out?

·
So mote be it
8,959 Posts
so the sedans dont have the option to fold the rear seats down from inside the car like the hatches do?

this button is not inside the cabin on sedans?

Closest post i can find for your problem, try to gain trunk access this way. then once inside the trunk see if you can tell if something is obstructing the lock:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492457

also,
You say you can get the lid to open an inch or two, can you see in there? any way to tell if the lock can be helped open the rest of the way wiht a long screw driver/skinny pry bar?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts