Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even with a daily driver, I still gotta mess with it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I like the exhaust tip -- where did you happen to get that?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
All good except the rims... never understood the thick lip on a FWD, looks so odd... also, the riveted 2-piece design just looks so tacky IMO, kudos on the other two... what bulbs are they?

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Waiting to hear about those bulbs!
Aftermarket brand and cost?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rims were a test fit and am still on the fence as they are WIDE. (8.5") Not sure if I want to go "Hellaflush-stance-blah" on a daily utility grocery getter. I will install Eibach springs first to check clearence before proceeding with these rims. I got them for a steal ($500) and planned on powder coating the entire set (lips and all) in either gunmetal, matte silver or something crazy like gloss Monster green (with a few select color changes elsewhere...Engine cover, VERY conservative accent with Matte Black graphics.

Okay: Info on Bulbs- Direct plug in, LED instant on and very bright. However the disadvantage is that after car is turned off, the rears (running and brake) stay on with a very low glow as they require so little current to operate, the residual jouce in the wiring continues to power them even after all is turned off. Even with Alarm. No battery draw but still kind of interesting.

Bulbs purchased through "flea Bay":
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd...49&item=150639269551&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Exhaust tip is a cheapo Pep Boys/Auto Zone but was a bit more tricky to mount. Redrilled two additional holes, tapped and mounted to a trimmed factory exhaust. (sliced the "bend" off) After mounting all four bolts and tightening them to get proper angle and direction (like a Christmas tree stand) welded everythign in place.

All this only becuase there is no alternative exhaust system avail for the car yet. As soon as a GOOD one with proven power comes to market, this will go away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts