Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I had a couple dirt spots on my tan cloth seats and I used scotchgaurd automotive for it and it leave its looking much worse. It leave ring marks and outline from where I tried to clean it. Now it looks awful. The dirt is gone but i cant seem to remove to outline/wet ring from cleaning it.

What should I do? I tried redoing it with a stiff brush, cloth, Ive done all the vacuuming and letting air dry but for some reason everytime it live an outline from where it was wet.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Ok I had a couple dirt spots on my tan cloth seats and I used scotchgaurd automotive for it and it leave its looking much worse. It leave ring marks and outline from where I tried to clean it. Now it looks awful. The dirt is gone but i cant seem to remove to outline/wet ring from cleaning it.

What should I do? I tried redoing it with a stiff brush, cloth, Ive done all the vacuuming and letting air dry but for some reason everytime it live an outline from where it was wet.

Scotchguard is meant to protect fabric, not clean it. You need to clean your seats, and not just the spot.

You can TRY picking up a can or two of the aerosol cleaner at the auto parts store, and it MIGHT help, but if that doesnt work, then i can give you some links to good interior/upholstery cleaners.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the scotchgaurd can said upholstery fabric/carpet cleaner so i just assumed it would be ok. I also tried basic cleaners from like walmart cause I figured with such a light stain I wouldnt need something expensive and I was hoping to avoid having to wash the whole seat for just a little spot but now its turned into a big ole wet ring so i just might have to wash the whole seat now.

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Woolite diluted 2:1.

Matt: Scotchgard does sell a protector with a cleaner also. I have used it on the floormats in my car.

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Try both?

You aren't going to hurt anything. You're going to end up cleaning the whole seat now instead of just spot cleaning.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so ill vacuum, apply woolite 2:1 and lightly scrub with brush, then ill pat dry with soft cloth, then just air dry, vacuum again after dried? Hope this works cause its been a pain

1 - 14 of 14 Posts