Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been to 3 Ford dealers... 2 of which were SVT cert...

I've been hunting down a CV boot but every time I get one, it's to small. I even out went out and bought a universal boot but that was to small. This project is just getting longer and longer so I'm inclined to take up Ford's offer and buy the whole damn axle. They would like $350 for it, of course. It's irritating to find that something like a torn boot would be such a pain in the butt. Granted, dealing with the lube and making sure none of the needle bearings are damaged when the boot is off is tedious to say the least, but still... I never thought it would bring me this much grief!

If anyone has any suggestions or knows the exact part number of the inner and outer CV boot for an 02 SVT focus please... I implore you to share the knowledge.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
have you called any junk yards

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep. Not a very common item due to it being a SVT axle. As it turns out, the axle on the SVT is larger than your average bear.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
all I can say is thats screwed up to have to buy the whole axle for just ths boot have you tried pming v6 focus he has like a focus junk yard or something like that

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
www.genuine-ford-parts.com

about $200 for the drivers side axle, $250 for the passenger

you're not likely to find boots or joints by themselves from anyone. because the svt is a limited production vehicle, there's less aftermarket support for the parts. just use a nice wholesale website like the one above

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I have one, PM me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts