Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Northern VA I am having a terrible time finding a SE with 5-spd and Sport Package on the lots. My local Ford dealer found one but I am not to happy with the Blue and it doesn't have the 17"ers I want. Looks like I'll have to order it and then wait.[:(]

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Find a bigger dealership that isnt afraid to go out and find a car.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
^^x2. Doesn't have to be bigger, just interested in customer service. Good for you for sticking with a 5v. Good luck!
ps. You could wait for a new ST!

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
for the majority of the time the 5 speed only comes in the low end models, and the auto is more attractive to the average car buyer, hence why you cannot find one.

find a dealer that will search inventory in the ford network. you can get a dealer transfer possibly however i think there is a $750 or $500 transfer fee but if they find what you want and they will do the transfer then it beast waiting for it. My mother did this for the last 2 Escapes she bought.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Feel your pain. Have the same problem here in Toronto. No one has a base SE hatch with a 5spd. Impatiently waiting for my order. There were only race red ones available around here. Ordered an SE with winter pkg for our Canadian winters. Plus dealer gave me a really good price on it so I couldnt go elsewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the Club. Nobody has any

Speaking from experience the 5 spd's are really hard to find especially with the winter PKG and I live down the street from the plant. I think we have 1 or 2 for sale here in MI. I ended up ordering one back in June with a delivery date in Aug. I just got assigned my vin this week.

5sp Hatchback, Red Candy, SE Sport , 203A, Winter Pkg for 20,850 on X plan.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Its the very reason why I ordered mine, or at least the main reason. Manual transmissions are very difficult to find. I even went to City Ford in Edmonton which claims to be the second highest volume Ford seller in Canada. They have over 20 Foci on the lot and not one with a standard!

I ordered my SEL with a standard and if I gathered right looking at the American site the SEL comes with an auto tranny only in the U.S. It made me wonder how unique mine must be if they're only sold in Cananda. Its realistically possible there will not be another 2012 Focus built that's exactly like it. One of a kind.[headbang]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yea I hear you man. Go to Sheehy ford in springfield, that's where I ordered mine from on the 20th and they gave me a delivery time of 4-6 weeks as opposed to the Koons in falls church who said 8, 10, maybe 12 weeks and tried to sell me all their crap on the lot.

So now I got everything I'm happy with and all I gotta do is wait a bit. A little patience doesn't hurt to get exactly what you want (like the 5-speed manual with red tuscany interior, nobody had it for 1,000 miles said sheehy).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought mine at Darcars in new carrollton, this was about 3 weeks ago and they had a bunch of 5 sp. I would check them out, great buying expierence.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
I ran into the same problem when I ordered my 05 wagon. There were no wagons with manual transmissions anywhere. I ended up having to order it.

The only thing- if you do order it, don't drive it off the lot until the dealer fixes everything that's wrong with it- if anything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Even here in car crazy California, GREEN and ENVIRONMENTAL northern California, very few manual transmissions, so I had to order one, today!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
It is good to read so many in North America are ordering the manual tranny. Hope this fact is taken into account by Ford that the consumer really wants the manual and won't settle for what the dealerships are stocking.

SO glad I do not live in North America anymore and have to put up with this issue of car dealerships never stocking manual transmission equipped cars.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yea I hear you man. Go to Sheehy ford in springfield, that's where I ordered mine from on the 20th and they gave me a delivery time of 4-6 weeks as opposed to the Koons in falls church who said 8, 10, maybe 12 weeks and tried to sell me all their crap on the lot.

So now I got everything I'm happy with and all I gotta do is wait a bit. A little patience doesn't hurt to get exactly what you want (like the 5-speed manual with red tuscany interior, nobody had it for 1,000 miles said sheehy).
I've got a 5-speed with the Tuscany interior also, when we started looking at the new Focus (April) they didn't have any on the lot over here, and the ones en route weren't what we wanted. Made custom-building an easy decision! And we now have one of the most fully loaded US spec 5-speed Focii on the planet!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
724 Posts
Not sure why dealers doesn't carry manual focuses , dealer near me had a manual and sold it the same day , 3 times
Dealers stock cars they feel they have the best chance of turning quickly and make the biggest profit on. It costs them to have them sitting on the lot so they are going to be reluctant to stock a manual that only 10% or so of folks want.

I have been buying new cars for over 30 years. When I go car shopping I am doing it with the expectation that the car will be ordered. I have bought off the lot (and had them transferred) but that is the exception. Just can't imagine paying all that money and not get exactly what I want just to avoid a few weeks wait.

BTW, we ordered an SEL and it was delivered in exactly 5 weeks, the longest I have ever waited is 12 weeks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am glad that up here you can get a 5spd on the SEL. Also extremely luckily that the car I got was ordered by someone else and they couldnt wait any longer and bought an auto instead [:D]

I did find that Erinwood Ford in Mississauga had a lot of manual Foci in their inventory though. So if anyone is looking in the GTA, check their stock first

·
Registered
154 Posts
How come you can only get a 5 speed SEL in Canada? Aren't they all made in the same place?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts