Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a problem w/ my revs hanging for awhile now. I just replaced the TPS yesterday and that still didn't help. When im driving and push in the clutch the revs will hang anywhere from 2-3 k untill i come to a dead stop, then will drop to idle (800rpm). I have check and replaced my vacume lines, pulled and cleaned my TB, and now replaced my TPS. When i pulled the TB i even used some sealer so there would be no leaks.

Is there a sensor somewhere that I dont know about that will make you revs hang untill you make a complete stop?

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Vacuum leak?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Idle air control valve. Check that, it may be sticking. Or broke! Your T/B may be bummed up a bit too, check you lines and the flap.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the TB lines up fine. i dont think the IACV would cause the high revs unless it was sitting still. im only having this problem when the car is moving.

i did check for vac leaks but cant find any. guess im just gonna pull all the vac lines from the turbo ect. and replace them. where do you guys got the lines running from the wastegate too? mines hooked up to the turbo on the bottom side. if i hook the wastegate up somewhere else where do i run the one @ the bottom of the turbo?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Try check all your connections between the MAF and the TB for a vaccum leak,

It also CAN be an IACV issue, or in the tune itself. If you've got hanging rev's it will be either a vaccum leak, IACV or in the tune.

Who did the tune for the turbo??

I run my vaccum for the wastegate to the manifold itself.... it the only place to get TRUE pressure readings from.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok if i run the wategate to the mani, do i just plug the one on the turbo? that is where the wastegate is now hooked up now.

i would hate to just go buy a IACV for no reason, they are like $80-$90 right?

i did check for leaks around the TB but found none. i was thinking it may be the tune. i wana turn the boost up a little anyway, so we will see in a few weeks when i get retuned.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm pretty sure the hang time is a tuning variable.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Ravage said:
i would hate to just go buy a IACV for no reason, they are like $80-$90 right?
Try the same place to where you got the TPS. Steve at svtsalvage is the man. I paid i believe $50 for mine including shipping. I'm still having the same issue with mine (non-SVT w/o boost ofcourse [:(] ) but if i'm crusing down the road and push in the clutch and coast the rpms stay around 2,000 and won't come down untill i stop. Even when i stop, the Idle is at about 1,100 RPMs anyway......

I've checked and re-checked for any vaccum leaks and checked again for good measure and didn't find any. I've put on 2 IACV's and they've helped but still not 100%. I've also changed out the TPS to still no avail. When i unplug the IACV the Idle is still at 1,100 or so RPMs but when i rev, the RPMs come down a lot faster. But if the IACV is plugged in, it takes forever to come down. Here's some vids, you'll need quicktime:

Clicky Clicky
Clicky Clicky

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where is the IACV? is it in the back on the mani or tb?

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,105 Posts
Backside of the Intake Mani just below the TB or atleast that's where it's at on a non-svt...........

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
First what tuning do you have and who tuned it

Is this something new that just started or something that has been there sence it was tuned

Tom

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SCT..... and yes it has been like this from the begining. i'm planning on getting retuned very soon (wana turn up the boost) so hopefully that will fix the problem. i was thinking is was the tune for awhile now, but wanted another opinion of what it may be.

tom you still tune, how much do u charge? if i remember right its like $450 for a dyno tune?

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
If it was there from the start i would look at the tune (do you have the FR intake ? )

If you have the PRP i can tell you where to make the change to cure it yourself

Yes im still tuning , If you have a working tune already and it doesent take all day to tune it would be lower than 450.00

Tom

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well here is the problem. when i got tuned last time @ the end the software locked up before he could save it. so i only have the tune that is in my xcal-2, and i dont think you can pull that tune can you?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
OK, i do not have FI however my car started doing that very same thing one day and after a while I finally took it to the dealer and they ended up replacing my throttle body and it has been fine ever since. I don't know how the T/B can cause it to do that but it cured mine. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you had the PRP, you needed to change 2 values and it would be gone.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont have PRP, wish i did.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tom, PM sent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts