Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my car battery is dead so my central locking isn't working but it won't open with the key either any advice ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Your door lock must be ceased or something; they don't get much use with fobs and keyless entry options at your disposal Perhaps a lock cleaner/lubricant will get it turning again. If you don't think that is the case then give us some more information on what your are experiencing with the door lock?

The other option is to try to release you hood latch externally somehow and charge the battery or call a service (locksmith or towing company) to break into you car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone has just told me that the keys isn't working cos it's deadlocked cos I always click the fob twice cos the key turns in the lock but nothing happens I need to get in my bonnet to charge the battery lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
When you say you can't open with the key either, do you mean the key doesn't turn in the lock?

I had a similar situation. On mine the key hole was stuck and I had to just keep trying at it to loosen it.

It finally did turn, and I could get in.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got in it now but now I need to reset the key which I don't know how too do
Do you have any duplicates?
& if you do, are any starting the car?
-
For self programming/adding keys to the car, you’ll need Two already working programmed keys to add keys the PATS system yourself.
-
But if “all” your keys need reprogramming.
Then you’ll need a locksmith or dealer that can reprogram them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you have a “Fob-only key” ?
Or
a key with a metal stem that is used in a physical lock?
-
If you have a Fob-only key.
Replace the battery inside the Fob with fresh new battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes just fob only as it's the titanium version so it's push start it's just funny how both fobs don't work as I have a spare but I will try that thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got in with the key but I can't lock it or unlock it with the fob and have to put the fob in the slot on the steering column to start it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can get in it and drive it but I can't use the fob to lock it or drive it without it being in the steering column

1 - 20 of 22 Posts