Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

First time poster, but long time reader, found lots of great advice here so thanks for that.

My issue is i have a 3 button remote for my mk1 focus estate 2002 and i cannot get the vehicle to enter programming mode to program the remote lock / unlock function on the key, i get no "gong" or any noise, and i cannot figure out what the issue is, here is what i have tried so far:

Position 1 - 2 4 times, no response
Position 0 - 2 8 times, no response
Position 1 - 2 8 times, no response

Plugged out central locking control unit connections, left for 40 minutes reconnected, and tried the above again.

Disconnect battery for 20 minutes and tried again no result.

Replaced unit under the dash (Part no. 1S7T-15K600-BC) with a used one from ebay, same exact result as the above.

Something, somewhere else must be the issue, my last resort is bothering you guys, but as you can see i've tried a fair amount of things.

Thanks all!

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet, i have replaced the remote control module e/ntirely, still cannot get into remote programming mode, my mechanic friend is not in the country so cannot see the car, but via facetime he has spotted there was previously air con installed that has at some point been removed, the ducting and compressor are still present.

If / when i figure it out ill let you know.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I remember when I did mine that I tried several methods, none working till I pulled up the specific one at work, I'll look it up tomorrow and see if it's different than the one you posted, if it is I will put it up

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved this over to General Tech Chat for a few more "looks'.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The following is the procedure from the workshop manual for the MK1 - hope it helps. Cheers

A maximum of four remote transmitters can be programmed to the vehicle. Programming must be done at the same time for all the remote transmitters.

Before entering the remote transmitter programming mode, make sure that the vehicle battery is fully charged and that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered (if equipped).

1.Close all doors to make sure conflicting chimes do not sound during programming.

2.Turn the ignition switch from position I to position II four times within six seconds.

3.Turn the ignition switch to position 0.

4.A chime will sound and an LED will illuminate to indicate that the learning mode has been accessed and it is possible to program remote transmitters.

5.Within 10 seconds of the previous step, press any button on the remote transmitter being programmed until a chime is heard and the LED flashes. This indicates a new transmitter code has been successfully received.

6.After each successful remote transmitter programming another 10 second learning mode is automatically entered up to a maximum of four times.

7.To program additional remote transmitters repeat step 5.

8.The system will exit the learning mode if the ignition switch is turned to position III, no new remote transmitter is programmed during the 10 seconds or if four remote transmitters have been programmed.

An incorrect programming procedure does not affect the stored codes.

After successful programming, only the new programmed remote transmitters will be accepted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts