Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadians: Getting tires in the States

Are there any Canadians here who have gotten tires in the states. I live fairly close to the border, and I was thinking of crossing over to have new tires put on. Will I have to pay duty or tax if they're already on my car?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yeah of course........

Depends on if you claim them.... your still 'technically' bring back goods from across the border.

If there is a way around it 'legally', I've never heard of one........

Who knows though, there are always loop holes..... I'm guessing if you replaced one, or two MAX, they might overlook it as a 'vehicle breakdown' but if you come cruizing over the border with a fresh brand spanking new set on, get ready to open your wallet.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Go 4-wheelin through some mud holes first so they don't look new![:D]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
S2 said:

Who knows though, there are always loop holes..... I'm guessing if you replaced one, or two MAX, they might overlook it as a 'vehicle breakdown' but if you come cruizing over the border with a fresh brand spanking new set on, get ready to open your wallet.
How would they know? I could have had them put on before I went across.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
They won't..... it all depends on how 'honest' you want to be.

Since we are talking possible 'illegal' activity, be it rather minor, it isn't allowed on this forum. Do what you decide to do, but discussing possible ways to 'get away with it illegally' isn't allowed on here.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.