Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.....I have a question for Canadian owners of Focus Titanium models regarding voice control for climate. In the MyFordTouch/MyLincolnTouch supplement that came with the car, it shows a list of available voice commands for Climate control. My question is, has anyone used the "rear defrost ON/rear defrost OFF" voice commands and had success? The reason I'm asking is that on my car, NEITHER of those commands work? I am interested to know if anyone else has noticed that the commands do not work, or if they do work on your car, or is it a feature that doesn't work on Canadian Focus models? Or, is it something that isn't working properly because of all the MFT glitches/problems? Any information would be very much appreciated. I thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Geez....35-views of my original post/question and not one reply![:(]
C'mon Justy. You're Canadian and just got a brand new car. Help Blizzard35 out. JK. I'm American (obviously based on my location) but I was going to try it out on the drive home and let you know, see if it is a general glitch thing or a Canadian-specific thing. I was aware that the command existed but honestly it is easier to push a single button for me than go through the voice prompts which is why I have never tried it. I'll let you know later if I get it to work!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C'mon Justy. You're Canadian and just got a brand new car. Help Blizzard35 out. JK. I'm American (obviously based on my location) but I was going to try it out on the drive home and let you know, see if it is a general glitch thing or a Canadian-specific thing. I was aware that the command existed but honestly it is easier to push a single button for me than go through the voice prompts which is why I have never tried it. I'll let you know later if I get it to work!
Thanks Copernicium.....I agree it is easier just to push a single button, but the reason I want to know is because of all the MFT problems I am having and someone from the Ford MFT engineering team is going to be at my dealership next week and they want my car for the day. I wanted to be able to either add or delete this from my "list" of gremlins prior to them inspecting my car so I was curious.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I believe the supplement is a general one given to all MFT equipped cars... ours is a little different than the others, we have only 1 gauge cluster screen, and we don't control ambient lighting from the MFT display... we might not also have all the same voice commands. Maybe that's one of them?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the supplement is a general one given to all MFT equipped cars... ours is a little different than the others, we have only 1 gauge cluster screen, and we don't control ambient lighting from the MFT display... we might not also have all the same voice commands. Maybe that's one of them?
Feta...you may be correct, but I just wanted to check with other owners so I know for sure if it's a defect/problem, not available on the Canadian version of the car, or not available at all on the Focus. Again, a member of the MFT technical team will be looking/working on my car next week at the dealership so I'm just trying to be as prepared as I can.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will have to try when I get my car back. It might only activate as well if the temperature is at or below freezing to prevent burning out an element or blowing a fuse?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
OK Blizzard 35, gave it a try on an American version on the way home. No luck. Couldn't get the on or off command to work. When I pulled in to park I did pull up a "What can say?" list while in climate mode and did not see it there either. Any commands that referenced defrost only affect the front defrost when I tried them all out. Hope this helps. If anything, at least now you know it is probably not a Canada-specific thing.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Oh yeah, and on a another note, what Feta says. I can't tell you how long I spent digging around in the MFT menus trying to find where I adjust the ambient lighting when I first got the car only to eventually ask on this forum and find out that we Focus owners can't do it that way!

·
Registered
967 Posts
It's likely not a Canadian thing, I'm pretty sure the cars are practically identical. It's more likely sync can't understand what yer talkin boot eh?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't know why, but Ford made the interior controls different on the Focus than other MFT vehicles. The Focus is the only model with seperate physical ambient linghting controls, the other models just control it on the touchscreen. The other MFT models also have all the climate controls (including the rear defrost button) built into the Sony audio system. The Focus on the other hand has its own climate control panel which for some reason does not have the rear defrost button. The rear defrost control is below the climate controls and my guess is that it is not integrated with anything else. The other MFT models also have the heated seat controls built into MFT but in the Focus they have their own physical buttons next to the seats.

I don't know why the other MFT models manage to have all these controls integrated and the Focus has them spead all around the cabin.

·
Registered
492 Posts
maybe the "Climate Defrost" does the trick? i think it showed up as an option when i said "what can i say?" today.

when you hit the windshield defrost button it turns the rear defrost on automatically, so it might work.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK Blizzard 35, gave it a try on an American version on the way home. No luck. Couldn't get the on or off command to work. When I pulled in to park I did pull up a "What can say?" list while in climate mode and did not see it there either. Any commands that referenced defrost only affect the front defrost when I tried them all out. Hope this helps. If anything, at least now you know it is probably not a Canada-specific thing.
Thanks copernicium and everyone else that replied to my question. At least now I know for sure. Once I get my car back from the dealership after the MFT Technical Team has had it for a day, I'll report back on what, if anything was found. I just want my car to "work" the way it should have from the beginning, you know, everything working properly!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts