Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to order the change tray for a 2012 Focus armrest. I found it on Fordparts.com. I click order, and they don't ship to Canada. They'll ship the whole damn car, but not a flap of rubber. Yet this country wonders why so many people go south of the border to make purchases. What a joke

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
I'm trying to order the change tray for a 2012 Focus armrest. I found it on Fordparts.com. I click order, and they don't ship to Canada. They'll ship the whole damn car, but not a flap of rubber. Yet this country wonders why so many people go south of the border to make purchases. What a joke
Customs, import duty and paperwork are a PITA so they just ship domestic.

Post the part number and maybe somebody will know a Canada friendly source.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Customs, import duty and paperwork are a PITA so they just ship domestic.

Post the part number and maybe somebody will know a Canada friendly source.

That's what I'm after. I've inquired locally but the dealer doesn't know 100% if it's the coin holder or the tray at the bottom of the armrest. The one I want is the one that sits under the armrest lid that was available on the 2013

Attachments

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
That's what I'm after. I've inquired locally but the dealer doesn't know 100% if it's the coin holder or the tray at the bottom of the armrest. The one I want is the one that sits under the armrest lid that was available on the 2013
The part number you gave BM5Z58045G34AC is for the piece circled in red number 25

The second drawing is for the coin holder and that part number is CV6Z58045C22AA

Attachments

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I feel your pain ...

·
Registered
319 Posts
I discovered that Ford parts doesn't ship to Canada when I wanted to get an engine cover.

And it really isn't complicated to ship to Canada. Lots of other retailers do it, just auto part sites don't seem to like to for some reason.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'd think with our compadres just below us, and being our closest friend's, there would be a more friendly trade policy between us. Ridiculous

·
Registered
143 Posts
i feel your pain. i try to get 045G34B and i was told Calgary could get it for $25. when i try to get it in Edmonton i was told $75 i was like no thanks.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I discovered that Ford parts doesn't ship to Canada when I wanted to get an engine cover.

And it really isn't complicated to ship to Canada. Lots of other retailers do it, just auto part sites don't seem to like to for some reason.
I went on a trip to Buffalo last year - I asked the retailer to ship to my hotel. I've put the cover on in the US and came back to Canada with no problem. If you are close to the border, install the cover in the US and come back... says you went to visit a friend or something.

However, I found out that calling 5-6 dealers in your area can give you different price. I needed LEDs for my car (footweel) because of a mod. I called 7 different dealers in the Montreal area. Price ranged from 19.76$ to 32.45$. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Call Steve at autonation Ford white bear lake. He ships with to Canada andc is the cheapest price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts