Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
It is not encoded in the VIN directly (i.e. no character position would indicate as such), but if there is a database somewhere, perhaps accessible by a Ford dealership, that would be able to give you a list of options a given car came with, then you would be able to tell. Too bad Ford doesn't have a sticker on the car somewhere (that I know of) that lists all the options that came with the car like the RPO code sticker on GM Vehicles.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Ford only goes back 10 years on their VIN database IIRC. You can tell a Kona by it saying Kona on the side though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
ETIS still shows my old '01 just fine:

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
From the ones I was able to find, you're looking for Feature Pack 'B' in the option list.
Thanks for the link, however do you know if there is a more US/North American version of that site as a lot of the information on it seems more for the European market? (e.g. listings the wagon as an estate, having European "rescue cards", and ETIS itself being European Technical Information System)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks for the link, however do you know if there is a more US/North American version of that site as a lot of the information on it seems more for the European market? (e.g. listings the wagon as an estate, having European "rescue cards", and ETIS itself being European Technical Information System)
Not publicly available for free, no. The wording is sometimes obscure, but I've plugged all of my Ford VINs into it, and it is mostly accurate if the vehicle is still in the database.

My Escape, which is a Sport Appearance Package, had some conflicts... one line said 'less appearance package' but then 'with appearance package' a few lines down..so it doesn't always translate exactly WHAT packages but it gives you about as much as you're going to find online.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts