Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a '01 ZTS and have the kind of rear tail lights with 2-bulbs instead of 3. In other words, the indicator/signal light is part of the brake/main bulb. When you indicate while the main lights are on, the bulb just glows brighter.

I have disliked this since the day I bought the car and envy all 3-bulb focus owners!

QUESTION... Is it possible to rewire it (and buy the 3-bulb carbon type lights - forget the exact name) out of the existing 2-bulb wiring?

Thanks in advance for any help on this,

Marc

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
um stock has 3 bulbs....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Stock has two, except in the brake/indicator bulb, there are 2 filaments, which give 2 increments of light. The 2nd light bulb is purely for the reverse lights. You could wire it i'm sure, how tough i don't know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe the change in the tail light component design was around Jan '01... and I must have had a zts that was produced just prior to the change over.

So I guess I could take a chance to see how it's wired unless anyone else has any ideas.. I just dislike having the double filament bulb doing all the lights (except reverse of course)

Thanks to all who replied in this thread.

Marc
[:)]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts