Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my alarm installed, the keyfob was replaced with a 2-way LCD transponder.

Being the nice guy I am... I gave my keyfob to my roommate because hers was broken (for her Mercury Mountaineer ... AKA 'Ford Explorer' :p). I looked up the directions and programmed her car to listen to the new keyfob.

The "issue" now is that when she uses it near my car it will lock/unlock both cars. My alarm still stays active and will trip out when she tries to be slick and get into my car by using the keyfob. And for safety purposes will disable my car from being started.

It's not so much that I don't trust her.. it's just annoying.

So.. since you program a car to listen to a keyfob... and not the otherway around... can you get your car to "Not listen" to the keyfob anymore?

·
Registered
220 Posts
you would have to take one remote and program it to just her car without your car near her's since it may read of that fob. I have seen it done. Then just go use the other remote on your car and make sure no other remote is around when you program them. Turn the key from ON to OFF 7 times the doors will lock and uock and then you just hit any of the buttons on the remote to program it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think that will work. It's not going to overwrite that old one.

The car is made to hold up to 4 transmitters in memory that it will respond to.

So:
1. Original Keyfob (Roommate's now)
2. Alarm Keyfob
3. Secondary alarm Keyfob (No LCD)
4. Open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts