Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to buff out a 12 inch long key scratch or do I have to take it in and have it buffed out/painted by a body shop ?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
if its keyed i doubt it, how deep is it though?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not too deep.
I buff it with that G7 crap(haha) and it helped a little but the scratch is still visible.

Hum, I guess if no one has any suggestions, I'll go to a body shop and have them take a look and give me an estimate...[:(]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No metal showing but I'm so damn anal about details on my car that the scratch looks like a hugh dent in my car.
I'll just take it in and see what the body shop has to say.
My insurance covers vandalizium but I have to pay my $500 deductable first...[:(]

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
microtonal said:
No metal showing but I'm so damn anal about details on my car that the scratch looks like a hugh dent in my car.
I'll just take it in and see what the body shop has to say.
My insurance covers vandalizium but I have to pay my $500 deductable first...[:(]

Maybe a body shop can wet sand it....good luck though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Who hates you enough to put a 12" long key scratch on your car?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't even know the punk. He's just a kid that was pissed that I parked in a parking spot while he was trying to cut through the parking lot.

You can read the full thread here

You just never know what people will do....[mad]

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yep, in my young punk days, I put car oil all over a guys car, including inside the crack of his window and inside his grill for parkin' so so so so close that I got a giant ding in my fresh-outta-the-body-shop paint and body job. I know, I know, I know, it was wrong and the look on his face when he saw his car was enough for me to feel guilty up to this day [:(]

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Oh you rebel you. I went to a magic shop and found this fake looking tickets. So instead of beating up the car... I guess I'll be **** and be happy with saying a whole bunch of crap about how they park hella bad and how I'd like flea's of a thousand camels to infest their armpits.

Daniel

·
Registered
412 Posts
Rule of thumb for scratches is: If you drag a finger nail over the scratch and it catches or snags your nail, then sanding and refinish are going to be your only remedy. Then of course you will have the extra expenses of removing and re-installing any moldings, trim or decals. And of course, (this is the hard part) blending into ajacent panels for a color match.

Any shop that wants to mask off any moldings, door handles or emblems is not going to be doing you any favors. Removing these items is a must, as you need to get the clear coat up under the trim, so it doesn't peel at a later date.

Sorry to hear some punk has dmaged your car.
bfocused

1 - 12 of 12 Posts