Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Alpine CDA-9847 H/U and I was wondering if tehre was anyway to hook up a TV to this. I noticed it has 3 preouts but I didnt ee any inputs for sound from a dvd player or an Xbox (what I'm trying to do) Am I missing something or do I need something else

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
So you're wanting to add another input besides your iPod via the 420i interface?

Then yes, you'll need the 410c for mulitiple input.

The iPod interface will daisy-chain through it and also allow you to connect 2 other AUX sources along with a changer.

This assumes the 410i will daisy-chain through the 410c connected to Changer1. I'm 90% sure it will, but you should contact Alpine to make sure. 310-326-8000

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well there are 2 aux ports from what I understand. So wouldnt one on the box be for the iPod as this connect via Ai-Net? so after the iPod is hooked up then there will be one free aux port. But cant I use the audio inputs it has on that box for the xbox/dvd

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
In the photo you see 2 Aux RCA inputs, and 2 CD Changer Ai-Net inputs.
And the Ai-Net output going to the HU.

So, with the 420i iPod interface, you'd need to know for sure you can connect the 420i via Ai-Net to one of the CD Changer Ai-Net inputs for a daisy-chain. I'm almost certain it will work, but you need to double-check.

(You can obviously hook up the iPod to one of the AUX RCA inputs, but you'd lose iPod control.)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already lost iPod control lol I have the 420i, plugs in via Ai-Net. I will double check with alpine about plugging the 420i into the changer ports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts