Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
are you talking about height or timing??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually a friend drove my zetec and he told me that listened a little sound in the valves... that I should adjust them,,,, But to be sincere I don0t know if that posible..

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
he could be talking about valve timing. or maybe your valves aren't properly lashed

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I would like to know if the valves in our zetecs are adjustable or what is the best to do??? just to figure out if I get some mechanic to do it...

·
Registered
108 Posts
first off is he reputable or just a "car guy"?
that should be the first question.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called ford agencie at my country and they told me that zetec has hydraulic plungers (i hope i wrote correct) so valves can not be adjust or calibrate.... its that right??

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Nope, the zetec arent hydraulic, theyre technically solid lift. Theyre simply buckets that are a spacific thickness. You "adjust" them by measuring with a feeler gauge and calculating what thickness that you need by staying within spec.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I dont understand the question, i am with Ford.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called in my contry (Costa Rica) at the Ford mechanic and asked them if My zetec (2.0 cc, 2001, 16 valves) has hydraulic plungers because i need to know if I can adjust/calibrate them, they told me that i wasn't possible cause zetec has hidraulic.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
He is confused obviously. The zetec engine is a solid lift and has to be measured to get different cam buckets. If it were hydraulic, it wouldnt need adjusting unless you had a real problem like a tappet going down. Not bragging, but i am a Mater Certified tech with Ford as well as parts dept. Trust what i tell ya. I look out for you guys a best i can.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
But Mike he is not technically with in the North American sales market, and couldn't that mean that they may have used hold over parts from the Contours perhaps (which where hydraulic lash adjusters)?

I'm just asking because I don't know. But I know Canada and the US cars are the same engines, don't know about Mexico or even European ones. Interested to find out though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Lifters in late model Zetec Black Top engines in Europe have shims rather than solid lifters. But not hydraulic.

Early Zetecs in Europe (Zetec E "Silver Tops") did have hydraulic lifters

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do u think about a flus in the motor??? and later cahnge the oil,,, just to clean the engine!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts