Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the "Auto " Door locking be programmed out ?

'12 Focus SE Hatchback

I hate it when all the doors lock (I know how to lock them my self)

My SAAB locks could be programmed either way, how abot the FORD ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
From the trusty manual:

Power door lock procedure
To enable/disable these features, do the following:
You will have 30 seconds to complete the procedure.
1. Turn the ignition on.
2. Press the power door lock button three times.
3. Turn the ignition off.
4. Press the power door lock button three times.
5. Turn the ignition on (you will hear a chime indicating the
programming mode has been entered).
Autolock: Once in programming mode, each subsequent short press
(less than 1 second) of the power door lock button will toggle autolock
between on and off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Can no one read anymore!!!! [?|]
If we couldn't read, we wouldn't be online writing and reading. Besides, It's usually faster to ask here, because of all the intelligent members that are on this site........[burnout]

·
Registered
613 Posts
If we couldn't read, we wouldn't be online writing and reading. Besides, It's usually faster to ask here, because of all the intelligent members that are on this site........[burnout]
You know what I mean.... READ THE FREAKING MANUAL!!!! [goofydrunk]

·
Registered
800 Posts
The great thing about this and other forums is there are answers to questions posted that I haven't gotten around to asking or even knowing I could ask. YES, I know if I read the manual I will get the answers, but really, I am too lazy to read the whole thing. Granted, I can read it when I have a question but then why bother with the forum? Let people ask questions for crying out loud! You don't have to answer! I'm not trying to be rude, but it gets old hearing READ THE MANUAL every time someone asks a valid question. Think of it as an opportunity to HELP a fellow Fanatic and LOOK smarter in the process! If you can't do that , Forgive me for being so STUPID. Can't help it, I forgot to read the manual on being human!

And thanks bkoester for giving an answer without berating the op for asking.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DougC

Let me guess.........

You are in Customer Service ?

Maybe even in FORD Customer Service ?

·
Registered
613 Posts
DougC

Let me guess.........

You are in Customer Service ?

Maybe even in FORD Customer Service ?
I simply find threads like this and the infamous "How to turn OFF the stereo?" thread to be dumbfounding. These questions and many, many more are easily and quickly answered in the owner’s manual. I wondered about the same thing with the locks.... know what I did? I got my manual out and found the answer in mere seconds.

P.S. My experience with Ford Customer Service has been outstanding!

·
Registered
532 Posts
The great thing about this and other forums is there are answers to questions posted that I haven't gotten around to asking or even knowing I could ask. YES, I know if I read the manual I will get the answers, but really, I am too lazy to read the whole thing. Granted, I can read it when I have a question but then why bother with the forum? Let people ask questions for crying out loud! You don't have to answer! I'm not trying to be rude, but it gets old hearing READ THE MANUAL every time someone asks a valid question. Think of it as an opportunity to HELP a fellow Fanatic and LOOK smarter in the process! If you can't do that , Forgive me for being so STUPID. Can't help it, I forgot to read the manual on being human!

And thanks bkoester for giving an answer without berating the op for asking.
I agree with this! The "read the manual" business is also insulting. Sometimes the person did do what was said in the book and it still does not work. We are here to learn from each other. If people become insulting, they may stop posting here. This is an excellent forum and it should not have to be ruined by the gibberish nonsense of other posters.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The God of teh internetz message boards must really frown on this place.

·
Registered
416 Posts
and let's be honest, the Focus manual is actually pretty big (mostly MFT stuff) and even when you do find what you're looking for it's not always written the most understandable way. For example, the steps for programming the Homelink button to open the garage door had a hole or two in it. Read it 5 or 6 times and followed it step-by-step. Still wouldn't work, but then ran across a thread out here where others were discussing and someone shared what they did and viola....it worked! Not much more than a shared experience and it helped more than just a few.

Also....there are some out here who LOVE sharing information, so it benefits both the one asking and the one replying.

·
Registered
416 Posts

'12 Focus SE Hatchback

My only question Adam is "why do you want to program it out"? It works really well and doesn't impede getting in or out, so why not take advantage of it? (are you afraid of getting locked in?) ;-)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My only question Adam is "why do you want to program it out"? It works really well and doesn't impede getting in or out, so why not take advantage of it? (are you afraid of getting locked in?) ;-)
Because HE DOESN'T WANT THE DOORS LOCKED! Why do you think he asked the question? And what do you mean it doesn't impede getting in? THE DOOR IS LOCKED!

Not all of us are scared to death all the time and feel better when the doors are locked. I fall into that category.

Michael

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Because HE DOESN'T WANT THE DOORS LOCKED! Why do you think he asked the question?
Most of the people here simply try to be helpful.

It would be easy to conclude that not wanting the doors to lock automatically is based on a misunderstanding about the operation of the car, such as the need to unlock the door when exiting the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts

'12 Focus SE Hatchback

I think it's possble (But can't be done with bare hands).

Focus MK3 sold in my country comes without "Auto" door locking
due to vehicle regulations reason.

But i know if i have the software and hardware to
tweak with BCM(Or GEM? I'm not sure) It is possble to bring "Auto" door locking back.
(Actually, i knew someone is providing this service in my country, dealership can't do this for me(Possible,but can't do) because it will violate vehicle regulations)

So... I think it's possible to disable the "Auto" door locking.

Maybe you should ask someone who have the software and hardware and willing to tweak BCM(Or GEM? I'm not sure) for you
or just ask dealership to do it for you (They have the software and hardware required, and i believe it will not violate vehicle regulations in US, small payment may required).

About the software and hardware, I think it should be IDS and VCM
(Infact, there are lots of hidden options which can be enable or disable,Some of them requires additional hardware installed eg:Windshield Wiper System Washer Fluid Level Sensor which is required to enable washer fluild level low warning)

·
Registered
967 Posts
^^^ Wow - the very next post answered his question, and the one after that asked what I would ask you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Because HE DOESN'T WANT THE DOORS LOCKED! Why do you think he asked the question? And what do you mean it doesn't impede getting in? THE DOOR IS LOCKED!

Not all of us are scared to death all the time and feel better when the doors are locked. I fall into that category.

Michael
When I am in North America, this auto locking thing bugs the heck out me and my family. Whenever we stop at a store, etc, and passenger is going to get out of the car, the passenger gets frustrated when pulling the door handle to get out only to find it is locked all the freaking time, beacuse the dumb driver always forgets that he/she has to hit the power unlock button to exit the vehicle.

I find this feature a real pain in the a**.

·
Registered
136 Posts
With my Focus S, I followed the instructions to the letter and it did not work. The dealer was able to do it for me at no charge.

·
Registered
493 Posts
When I am in North America, this auto locking thing bugs the heck out me and my family. Whenever we stop at a store, etc, and passenger is going to get out of the car, the passenger gets frustrated when pulling the door handle to get out only to find it is locked all the freaking time, beacuse the dumb driver always forgets that he/she has to hit the power unlock button to exit the vehicle.

I find this feature a real pain in the a**.
Well on the focus, the 2 front doors anyway (not sure about the rear doors), a single pull of the handle simultaneously unlocks and opens the door.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts