Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my "06" in for service because rpms were low and starting was not as quick. Dealer replaced plugs and cleaned injectors. Problem was not solved. Shortly after service the fuel pump started to make a funny noise. I replaced the fuel pump and now I can`t pump fuel into the tank at the gas pump. I replaced the air injection solenoid and still no luck. The car has 200k on it and it runs fine. It is still hard to start and rpms go up higher than normal after starting for about 10 seconds. I also notice when I remove the gas cap there is pressure released from the tank. Can any body help me on this

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Lets start with the current problem, getting fuel into it!

Vent tube has to be clear & not pinched to let air vent when fueling. Prob. not the "spider nest" issue that sometimes comes up since it occurred just after the pump replacement.

You'll need to recheck the pump replacement job as far as clear vent line that's not kinked or pinched is concerned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check the vent tube from filler cap to tank and there are no kinks. I did not have any problems prior to fuel pump replacement. I did purchase a Vapor Canister Vent Valve but have not installed it yet. The check engine light is on also.

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
'I did not have any problems prior to fuel pump replacement.'

You're saying it MUST be the work done there, plain and simple. If so look at it harder.

Depending on amount and temperature that day it can be normal to get a small amount of pressure when popping cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts