Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my idle is really screwy....it idles below 1000 rpm...bout 800 when its cold...and when its warm...bout 500...bout it bounces....and everytime i rev it up past 3 grand...once the idle comes down and boggs a lil but doesnt stall....but sumtimes it does stall...wat the heck can it possibly be....i do have an intake/header/exhaust/chip/pullies....can that be a factor?..ALSO...sumtimes my engineshakes really bad and vibraytes my hood...main reason i had to use a short ram intake instead of a CAI....any thoughts or suggestions...please feel freee......thank you

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine has actually done this to.. usually every time I start, it will come down to around 1000 rpm, drop to 800-900 for a second or two, and than back to normal. I'm assuming you have an automatic?
Mine has never completely stalled on me. Dumb question, but did you reset you CPU after you had your intake / etc put on? Doing that helped mine, but did not completely remedy it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah....except i dont think i reset it after the chip......but its been doin that since i put an aftermarket intake on.....so idk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts