Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting very close to purchasing my F2 header (They emailed me the other say saying they will be available again this week for shipping) I am 99% decided on the Trubendz system. All I been doing for over a week is listening to exhaust clip after exhaust clip..

Came across this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iIzQEuygO8&feature=channel_page

He states: 2004 Ford Focus 2.3 Duratec with FocusSport CAI ; F2 header ; 2.5" Trubendz with 2 magnaflow 6" id mufflers

I was wondering which trubendz system that is...

I LOVE how that sounds and was wondering if anyone knows which system it is and what he means by 2 magnaflow 6" id mufflers..

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Well two 6" inside diameter mufflers. That isn't a kit they sell now. They have a kit with one muffler and a smaller diamter resonator. I believe it is a 4".

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang. I wonder if thats what he meant. i was thinking he just got that recently becuase he uploaded the video just 2 months ago...could be wrong though..

and I know you mentioned to me earlier Jetrinka that the system with the resonator gets real raspy. That video clip doesn't seem to raspy to me. So it probably is a different system huh?

·
2,272 Posts
That is kind of what I had. The Trubendz 2.5" exhaust and I added another magnaflow muffler to make it quieter. It was raspy before I added the f2 header so I added a high flow cat from Trubendz and it went away. I don't think I ever got a sound clip of that.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
grab the mbrp instead.

or, get the magnaflow with the HFC. it helped jetrinka out on his. he was really happy with that setup.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The MBRP does sound nice but it is LOUD coupled with the header. Maybe cuz I didn't have any cats....lmao. Wish I woulda got a sound clip but wasn't able to before I took it off. You will not be disappointed in the F2 header. Only reason I took mine off was because it didn't fit right.....

·
Registered
774 Posts
Magnaflow sounds great, I would think an additional res. will mellow the tone even more. Just look up Summit Racing and they have all the mufflers in the world you could want.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
The MBRP does sound nice but it is LOUD coupled with the header. Maybe cuz I didn't have any cats....lmao. Wish I woulda got a sound clip but wasn't able to before I took it off. You will not be disappointed in the F2 header. Only reason I took mine off was because it didn't fit right.....
Yeah, any exhaust will be loud witha header and nothing else...u need a resonator and hfc in there to tone it down.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i was planning on doing. buying the trubendz system 2.5" with the high flow cat, then putting in an additional resonator...I dont want deafening loud annoying loud car but still want performance increase..

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I started out by saying my HFC exhaust was no louder or quieter than the one with the resonator but I have come to change my mind on that. Probably because I only listened to it with the windows up because of it being winter and inside my car everything is loud... But it has been sunny out recently so the windows have been down and I must say that around town just cruising at 35mph with the RPM's somewhere around 2500-3000 it is quiet as can be. Just barely louder than the stock ST exhaust. Just a nice low rumble. When you get on it then it screams but is never raspy even a little bit. I would say that the HFC kit is actually quieter than the one with the resonator now and I am quite pleased with it. Very very happy. I don't think you will need a resonator in there at all.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you guys have been so helpful. I really appreciate everything. I am going to order the 2.5 system w/ hfc...then decide later if I want to add in a resonator...

·
2,272 Posts
you guys have been so helpful. I really appreciate everything. I am going to order the 2.5 system w/ hfc...then decide later if I want to add in a resonator...
I thought my setup (your planned setup) was way too loud for everyday driving. That is why I took it off. Expect it to be loud and you will like it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i've been thinking about the same set-up, sound clip when its all done?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
I thought my setup (your planned setup) was way too loud for everyday driving. That is why I took it off. Expect it to be loud and you will like it.
just add in resonator. should be fine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just spoke with Josh at Trubendz. They made a new front pipe for the duratecs. he sent me a pic of it. Its a high flow cat coupled right to a magnaflow resonator that goes in place of the stock cat.. Its not on their website you must ask for it. When I get home I will post it here so you guys can see. That is what I ended up ordering...

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
ooo...that actually sounds really good. would be sweet i think with a header!!

smart move by TBZ. must be feelin the heat from MBRP.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

thats the new front pipe that trubendz offers..

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
ooo....that looks the seckz.

·
Registered
233 Posts
wow that looks real nice... stainless? diameter? price?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts