Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now first off, i know nothing about paint and autobody. I have one of those Lund hood scoops on my zx3. It's completely nonfunctional, but i recently got an short ram air filter (Ractive) and i would like to make the hood scoop functional. I know how to dremel the scoop so air flows into it, but:

how would i do that to the hood
how would i protect it from rusting
would it be possible for the to pull the scoop off without damaging the paint on the hood

if anyone can answer me these three riddles, you will be allowed to cross the bridge. j/k
i would greatly appreciate it though.

Thank you so much

Dwight

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ok, first off. I am all against the taped on hood scoops!! But hey to each is own. You dont want to cut the stock hood, have you looked underneath the insulation. There is alot of bracing under the outer skin. Cutting or removing any of that will probably loose the strength that the hood has. If anything go and buy a functional ram air hood. As for the removal of the scoops, good luck. If you used the 3M tape that came with the kit then maybe if you heat the taped area with a hair dryer it might loosen up the adhesive. I'm really not sure. But like I said, don't cut the hood, because if it doesn't work your fuked.

Can I cross the bridge yet??

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wish granted

yeah, i guess you're right...i just looked.
plan b was just to get a whole new hood.
do you know of any good website that make them.
preferably not carbon fibre.

thanks laidman

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Listen to Euro. It woud be better to take it to a body shop to see what they can do so you don't go and try it yourself and mess everything up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have the cervini hood for sale right now actually....its still on my car...but im putting the stock hood back on....its eggyolk yellow, if u want it let me know..selling it for 450 shipped.......the hood is heavier than stock too.....if u dont want the cervinis....maybe go with a Carbon Fiber hood...i dont personally know if they r actually lighter....but the cervinis is very heavy....just thought id throw u my 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts