Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just joined this site and I'm really hoping that you can help me out! So I just bought a brand new Focus SE...and I love it! It's the first car that I have paid for and it really blows me away! I got it for a killer price too. Ford was having one of those weekly specials and I ended up getting the car for $11,485. Up until this morning, I couldn't really think of anything that I wanted to do to it. That is, until I saw the FocusSport that was shown at SEMA this past year. Here's a link to a picture and a video if you don't know what I am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzPzmssqwo

http://www.zercustoms.com/photos/Modified-2008-Ford-Focus-at-SEMA/2008-Ford-Focus-Coupe-F2-Motorsports.jpg.html

I LOVE this body kit. It is made by Street Scene, but when I went to their website, I couldn't find it. My ultimate goal is purely cosmetic. Since the car is brand new, I want to wait a while before I do something that could potentially void the warranty. When all is said and done, I would like my black Focus to sport the Street Scene body kit, jet black rims (undecided on brand), and black window tint. Done properly and I think it could turn some heads! My question is, does anybody have any tips or pointers as to what products are out there, where I can find them, and what I am looking at in terms of cost? I understand that this is NOT an overnight process and that, in order for this to turn out the way I want it, I have to do my research. Which is exactly what I'm doing! Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Evan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have a theory on forums. Give respect and you get respect. Not too complicated. That is definitely what I'm after.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Hi Maddog, welcome. You let me know if you find that body kit. I have an 08 also and there's not a ton of stuff out there yet. You can check FocusSport, Steeda and MassiveSpeed for some ideas. I'd like to see someone start a thread for the 08 and where to find what for it.

I will make one suggestion for your first mod. Install a Steeda SRI (they call it a CAI). I installed mine a few weeks ago and it definitely improves performance, gas mileage and gives you some really nice exhaust sound to boot. Check my thread http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156563 where I posted a couple pics of mine installed. You'll be interested in my interpretation of the warranty and making mods to your car near the end of that thread also.

Again welcome and enjoy the Focus.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey there, I just got home from work and I love the fact that people have already replied! Brad, I'm about to take a look at those links you posted...they sound pretty cool. Anyways, thanks again! Keep the ideas coming and I'll do the same!

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
You will find them at www.steeda.com. It really is a great first mod. You get a lot of bang for the buck with their SRI.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
There is strength in numbers and we are growing stronger every day [strongman]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts