Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
New here. I need to buy a new car in a few weeks and I absolotely LOVE the Ford Focus 5-door hatchback EXTERIOR. The problem is I got in one a few days ago and was so disparaged when I saw the baby blue powder blue color EVERYWHERE in side-- including the PRDN alongside the auto transmission shift knob, all controls and dials. Who the heck decided on a baby blue color scheme for all that? PLEASE is there anything I will be able to do to alter that if I buy a 2015 Focus? I want one so bad except for that powder baby blue stuff! I am not asking how to do it in this thread, just wanting to know if I will be able to do something about this. I would even pay a mechanic $1000 to resolder LEDs or whatever (I did search here and see there are ways to solder and replace the blue dash LEDs with red etc, but what about the other knobs and such in the interior?), I would be willing to put sticker decals over things like the PRDN, etc. I know it is a psychological quirk but i just hate that baby blue color on the controls. What are my options?!? Please help, I otherwise so love the look of the Ford Focus!!!!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to MkIII Interior Mods section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I highly doubt that purchasing a new car will somehow alter the interior color of your existing car.
I do not own an existing car, I have no car at all currently. What I meant by my original post was that I am going to buy a new car in a month because I have no car now. The Ford Focus 5dr/hatchback looks so nice it is what I want to buy if I can know that with some effort and I assume $ I can mod it out to change the LED lights of the dash, change the blue speedometer needle to a different color, change the LED lights of the climate controls, etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I do not own an existing car, I have no car at all currently. What I meant by my original post was that I am going to buy a new car in a month because I have no car now. The Ford Focus 5dr/hatchback looks so nice it is what I want to buy if I can know that with some effort and I assume $ I can mod it out to change the LED lights of the dash, change the blue speedometer needle to a different color, change the LED lights of the climate controls, etc.
As far as I know, No. But With money nearly anything is possible. Is it something you can fix for 30$? no. Is it something you could take to a customs shop and pay 600$.. Maybe, but why would you?. Honestly I think the color is a pretty cool color. As for the mood lighting. That can be changed to other colors, but that's about it for colors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...Honestly I think the color is a pretty cool color.
So let me ask this-- I do not believe I started the engine when I was inside the Ford Focus at the local dealer, all i saw was that light baby/powder blue color and sighed. When the engine is on, ignition on, does that powder blue color illuminate with LEDs to become a more standard blue? I could probably deal with that if that is the case.

·
Registered
472 Posts
So let me ask this-- I do not believe I started the engine when I was inside the Ford Focus at the local dealer, all i saw was that light baby/powder blue color and sighed. When the engine is on, ignition on, does that powder blue color illuminate with LEDs to become a more standard blue? I could probably deal with that if that is the case.
For the USA its blue, a bit darker than powder blue but pretty close. Nothing cheap you can do to change it.

I suspect even more than the money would be finding the right bulbs/led's to replace the stock ones, plus pulling the new car apart to replace them and thats assuming the blue color does not come from the button cutouts themselves with white bulbs behind them.

I like the blue, love to see all the stuff that lights up at night. Feels like you are firing up a jet or something. Plus blue is my fav color.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the USA its blue, a bit darker than powder blue but pretty close. ...I like the blue, love to see all the stuff that lights up at night. Feels like you are firing up a jet or something. Plus blue is my fav color.
I need to get my arse to a dealership and sit in the car then with the engine running and interior lights on and see how it is lit up! Just difficult now, no car, ended up in Portland OR couple of months ago after giving away my Dodge Neon to my niece back in MN and now we just decided to move back to the midwest mid January, so just bicycling. No car to get to a dealership so I really appreciate this forum, very much needed for now. When I land in the midwest again (booked tickets yesterday) will rent a car then need to buy a car within a week (and find a house to rent!) and I just SOOOOOOoooo love the exterior look of the Ford Focus hatchback, i just need to get past the blue interior knob colors-- but as you say maybe once I light up the knobs and dash it will look nice; I talked to a woman in the coffee ship yesterday as she was driving a Focus (rental) and she said when she turns on the car the lights automagically light up anyhow-- is that true? -- if so then I would rarely see that powder blue color.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You absolutely can change the interior color... If you're willing to work for it. You would need to disassemble the dash and door panels to access the LEDs behind. You could order LEDs online and solder new ones on.

Be forewarned it is a TON of work. I had an 08 Fusion where I changed all the green LEDs to white. Idk what you could do about the LCD screens but with the older style instrument clusters you could simply put swap a piece of plexiglass glass in to change the color (ie red plexi glass for a red screen).

Good luck!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts