Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my SEL was sideswiped and now I'm replacing a passenger side front door and passenger side fender. I found a same color door but it's off a strippy "S" model.

Can I swap my door wiring harness over to the "S" model door without to much trouble?
I plan to swap my mirror, interior panel, all trim and speakers over as well.

Thanks!

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
The door structure itself is the same, but you'll have to switch over the window regulator and all of the wiring or else you'll lose the one touch up-down function on the driver's side window, etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So my SEL was sideswiped and now I'm replacing a passenger side front door and passenger side fender. I found a same color door but it's off a strippy "S" model.

Can I swap my door wiring harness over to the "S" model door without to much trouble?
I plan to swap my mirror, interior panel, all trim and speakers over as well.

Thanks!
The shells would be the same. so yes, you could use the door from the 'S' model. You will need to swap all of the internals from your door to the other.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perfect...Thanks guys!
Yeah, I plan to swap everything over. I just wanted to make sure I could...and that all the screw holes, clip holes etc are the same. They look like they are.
I'm guessing this is the window regulator.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do I have a problem?
Here is the power window motor plug for the SEL door.

Here is the plug on the S door.

It looks like there may be an adapter plug on the SEL door. Do these models use the same window motor? I'd really hate to have to swap the motors.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The door structure itself is the same, but you'll have to switch over the window regulator and all of the wiring or else you'll lose the one touch up-down function on the driver's side window, etc.
Ah, this is what you were talking about.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Yeah it looks like you'll have to swap the motors and everything as the S only has a window motor that moves when the button is pressed continuously where as the SEL has the smart window motor and controls that allows for it to learn and operate as a one touch up and down (as well as the door module you posted earlier).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it looks like you'll have to swap the motors and everything as the S only has a window motor that moves when the button is pressed continuously where as the SEL has the smart window motor and controls that allows for it to learn and operate as a one touch up and down (as well as the door module you posted earlier).
Oh, got it.
Do you know of a DIY tutorial for changing the window regulator?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts