Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was given an intimadator cone filter from a friend of mine but i dont have the cai tube for the rest of it im wondering if any of yall know if i can use the cone filter without it and can i get rid of my snorkle and box and not have any probs in the long run?any help or advise from yall would help me alot thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you mean just hook the cone up to the stock plastic air tube I dont see why not. It should just work like a SRI instead of CAI. I just have a cone on my stocker because my stainless tube keeps falling off!

·
Registered
549 Posts
thats what i have as well......i just took the 2 screws that attaches the maf housing to the air filter box and attached my filter straght to the maf housing.....been working great for 8 months now.....

·
Registered
182 Posts
you can do it. i did it, i just removed the top of the stock air box and let the cone sit in side of it. it will take more time removing the airbox then it will adding the new filter.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I did it too, on my SPI. It works just fine. No intake is going to give you over 5 HP, if that. All intakes do is give you better throttle response, and some engine noise.

The filter i put on, is just a tad smaller than the MAFS. Man was it a PITA to get on there.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
been working for me since '03

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
That's what i did as my first mod. It actually gained some power. Really effective and not to expensive.

Then i switched my set up to Volant.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
as long as it's a bit larger than 3" in size, messure the MAF diamitter. I have mine for sale if you,re interested.

Let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts