Focus Fanatics Forum banner

can i run bigger injectors with....

1266 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  VenomRogue
i am having some trouble with my stock fuel injectors...i have a set of 33lb/hr injectors...is it possible to run those on my car (stock) without having to tune or will the motor not like the more gas?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Shiroi kabocha
2,214 Posts
in his profile he says that he has a precision turbo kit. my guess is that he shouldnt be running on stock injectors but has been forced to any for whatever reason.

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry 4 got to mentio the kit is off.....these are the injectors with the kit........i feel that aybe one of the injectors is messed up or clogged...i ust put in a motor that was sitting for a while so i figure the injectors may need some work

· Registered
27,563 Posts
Yeah, they will be way to big without a tune. Try Jeremy at Focussalvage.com ( v6focus ). He may have some stock injectors if you need them.

· Registered
902 Posts
what size injectors are the stock ones and what is the next size up without having to get a tune?

G

·
Why dont you take out your injectors and soak them in injector cleaner for a while? Then reinstall and put the injector cleaner into your gas.

Just a thought....

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stock injectors shouldnt be that expensive....i will try that soaking though....ummm....i took the kit off because i blew the motor....then i decided that i didnt want boost anymore so i took the kit off and put in the new motor....well then i got a little HP crazy and i am gonna put the kit back on in august when i start school up in UTI in orlando....i am gonna modify the kit a little better...like bigger DP stuff like that....just waiting....but i need to fix my fuel issues first....it is wierd...sometimes it starts fine and other times it takes 10 min to start.....really irritating

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.