Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of running nitrous for the track on top of the powerworks setup. with 100 oct. maybe?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't know if it would be safe or not, but it soulds like a BLAST!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
because i dont know what im doing 2.0 seriously, lol, im just along for the ride.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i could break 12's with a 75 shot on top right? That would be a blast, wow this is getting addicting.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
bryanjw82 said:
i could break 12's with a 75 shot on top right? That would be a blast, wow this is getting addicting.
I think you might want to invest in some drag radials, learn how to launch the car as it is set up right now. You haven't even come close to utilizing the power you already have with a 15.5 ET.

Just my opinion, though. But until you learn to launch the car, and get some traction, you aren't ever gonna hit 12's (you'd have a heck of a top end speed, though)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I thought the spray + fans = bad news, then again this is soely on what i have heard from others

·
Registered
378 Posts
^^^
Same here... I thought the spray would eat the blades up. Unless of course you are going to spray after the SC/IC right before in goes in the motor.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
ive heard of it being done before on the jrsc acting as an 'aftercooler' ...but why are yall questioning this? tom said on the second post that it would be
1turbofocus said:
NOOOOOO problem

Tom
so whats the problem? i still go for the idea of being able to drive the car first though bud..im hittin 15.2s with far less hp than you

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
my launch hurts me the most when im at the track, my r/t are always like .6.. something then my 60' is about 2.5

I think its my clutch thats killing me not my driving. When i get lined up and start letting the clutch out the rpms go up and the car doesn't move till its like i am about completely off the clutch and it still takes a second

Then add the humidity thats here in FL, i usually run better than any svt's i see at the track with simliar mods.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Same here... I thought the spray would eat the blades up. Unless of course you are going to spray after the SC/IC right before in goes in the motor.
The PW manifold is begging to be plumbed for a direct port nitrous set up.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
bryanjw82 said:
my launch hurts me the most when im at the track, my r/t are always like .6.. something then my 60' is about 2.5

I think its my clutch thats killing me not my driving. When i get lined up and start letting the clutch out the rpms go up and the car doesn't move till its like i am about completely off the clutch and it still takes a second

Then add the humidity thats here in FL, i usually run better than any svt's i see at the track with simliar mods.

<-------Check the location

I probably race the same strip you do (Orlando Speed World) unless they still have that one in New Smyrna?

My best time before adding the nitrous was a 15.1

Drag radials will help your 60' times a ton at OSW

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im on my second set of tires, i bought the same conti sport's that came with the car, im kinda regreting that, because dont think they have great traction.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
run those Conti's on the street, and get an extra pair of wheels (lightest, cheapest you can find) mount the drag radials on those wheels and use them only for track days, that's what I do.

I run Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole Position tires on the street, but when I go out to the track, I air up the two rear ones to 51 psi, and trade out the two fronts for the BFG drag radials mounted on 2 Centerline Billet wheels (12.5 lbs each) It didn't cost as much as you would think

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
i was thinking that the powerwoks would be a great manifold to plumb for a direct port kit. honestly with a supercharger i dont think i would run more then a 50 shot. with a 50 shot, PW SC, traction, good launch, good tune, and good driver you should be able to break into the 12s no problem. but seriously get some drag radials.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts