Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Driving down I-5 tonight minding my own business when 3 Honda's rolled up next to me and started piping me off trying to get me to race. Well obviously you my fellow FOFO drivers would also not take that lying down so I floor it smoke all three of them then preceded to slow down (no sense at flying down the freeway at Mach 1 lol) So when I slowed down I see these lights gaining on me. You can all see where this is going[ohcrap] So this stater gets behind me and stays behind me for maybe 10 to 15 seconds when all of a sudden the 3 Honda's got on it again (they were a couple of cars in front of me and my new friend the stater! ) And he took off after them without getting me first. I bailed off the freeway for a few minutes and then got back on. As I was getting back on I noticed just a little in front of me on the freeway was another stater going well over the speed limit. So I slowed down let him get in front of me a ways. I drove a little more and saw reds and blues flashing on the side of the freeway and guess who it was? The 3 Honda's! I immediately got off the freeway and took back roads the rest of the trip to work. My question is; Can they put you in the system for suspicion of street racing and the next time I get pulled over will I get detained or ticketed for it? I hope not I really don't need that in my life right now[?|] Please get back to me asap!! I'm freakin out over here![paranoid]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I forgot to mention that he did not turn his lights on, no siren, no bullhorn telling me to pull over nothing!

·
Registered
650 Posts
then you are in the clear :)

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
ya i wouldn't worry bout it. I would also slow down and tr`y to keep the racing on the track.....

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You will be fine there is nothing they can do to you. I do agree that it is not a good idea to race on the street. Especially when it is dark and you can't see what is going on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i would have done the exact same thing as you. but for future reference ONLY if a cop SEES you break the law then he can pull you. suspicicions will not hold up in court and can easily be differed. whats the cop going to say? "uhh i think this focus was about to race... uhhh"

just dont do anything stupid and watch for the new cop stop on I-90 right before W Lake Sammamish exit.

also dont ever flash your lights at anyone.. EVER. that will get you pulled instantly and can be seen in a cops rearview easily. I got pulled for it :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the info. Just to let everyone know that I don't always race on the freeway[thumb] I have been to a few speedways already I just didn't want them damn RICE BURNERS thinking they were better than the FOFO[headbang] I bet they were [mecry] the whole time just watching me pull away though[strongman]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also dont ever flash your lights at anyone.. EVER. that will get you pulled instantly and can be seen in a cops rearview easily. I got pulled for it :(
Yeah I never flash my lights period!! I just rev the engine a little bit just to show them my coolness lol[unsure]

·
Registered
411 Posts
He was probably running your plates when he was behind you. You got lucky the hondas got back on it.

·
1,999 Posts
one time when I was pluged in to the matrix I raced a transformer and beat him in the 1/4 mile....wait what? I retract my last statement and apologize for being stupid.....it's early and I board at work.... man I hope I don't get laid off, with that said I guess I should get off my computer and go find some research or some developing to do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
dude, im plugged into the matrix right now. actually im typing with my thoughts.

all the cool kids are doing it.... dont you wanna be cool?

·
1,999 Posts
I have all ways wanted to be cool but fail miserably every time.

·
1,999 Posts
you wouldn't know, you're all ways cool. Me I have to try there for I fail.

·
Registered
99 Posts
to quote Kung Foo Panda:

"It is said that his enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!"

·
Registered
167 Posts
People are right you'll most likely be absolutely fine. The numbers are with you, unless you happen to run into that particular guy again and you're acting; inappropriately.

But as for this comment "whats the cop going to say? "i think this focus was about to race..."

No, he'll say he observed you in a speed contest with another vehicle. Never forget. The police can and do say anything they want in court. He can say anything and if counsel for the State opens with, "Your Honor, I apprehended the suspect on suspicion of participating in an Illegal Street Race" You can bet your wheels it's going to be all downhill from there.

They pack police reports with all sorts of exaggerations, half-truths and outright lies. They'll charge you with 10 things and then on your court day the bailiff will tell you outside of the courtroom that people never win these cases and he'll get you to plea out on one or two for a $400 fine rather than risk going up against the Officer of the Law in front of a judge and risk losing on 3 or 4K worth of charges.

A street racer's word (because that IS how you will be presented in court) over a decorated State Trooper with 15 years on the force? Unfortunately that is how it's done.

·
1,999 Posts
to quote Kung Foo Panda:

"It is said that his enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!"
that was so cool of you to say.....man i wish I would have thought of that.[mad]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts