Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

those of you who know me know I have an 07 SES Sedan... I am looking to get some performance parts for my duratec and I was hoping I get could your opinions or suggestions on what to buy and where...

What I want is a new air intake a nice SRI (a friend of mine said to make sure it has a check valve because I have the EVO Hood so a lot of water gets into the engine bay)

I am also looking for a new fuel rail and injectors... header and exhaust too... What would you guys suggest? I looked around and saw some stuff on ebay but I very suspeciaous of ebay for parts for my engine as I am sure you all are as well... so give me suggestions on what to spend my tax return on!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
steedafocus.com SRI is pretty popular.. focussport.com has a great 2.25 inch exhaust.. f2usa.com has a great header

one question though, why a new fuel rail and injectors?

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I'm very pleased with my MBRP exhaust and K&N Typhoon intake on my 2.0L Duratec...

Streetracer, you left out C-F-M for parts too.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I am looking to get the best bang for my dollar to get performance out of my engine I am looking to spend like $1000 and hopefully increase my horse power a little bit :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
id suggest a CAI as opposed to sri.. they do very well, make more power, and hardly ever get water in them. i live in a pretty wet climate and never had problems. i was very happy with my typhoon CAI.

for bang for buck power id get a CAI, Exhaust, header, and tune.. thatd put you around $1000 i believe depending on the model CAI, Exhaust, and header you get. and with those mods youll gain 20+whp

and yes focus.c-f-m.com sells a variety of things. so does many other places. like massivespeedsystem.com, htperformance.net, capaldiracing.com, etc..

and if your interested, i still have my typhoon cai for sale.. polished with filter.. $150+ shipping

5,155 Posts
FS CAI = $220
MBRP 2.5" SS exhaust = Not sure, like $400 maybe?
F2 step header = $285
Total $905 (plus shipping, of course).

(F2 also has a Magnaflow exhaust for $475.)

kttnmthkngs420 said:
cant go wrong with cosworth parts on the duratec.
True, but they're extremely pricey.

·
Registered
579 Posts
i would go with f2 header $250 steeda SRI $170 (or focussport cai youll get more power for around $50 and wont have to worry about buying a bypass valve). you could probably get exhaust cheaper if u get custom but they always seem like a hit or miss kinda thing. i would recomend the focus sport exhaust probably cuz thats what i have and love it lol. my FS exhaust came to like $540 with shipping and the stealth setup. custom would probably be under $300. dont know much about fuel rails/ injecotrs i think massive has something.

·
Don't read this!
2,341 Posts
I've got that GT concept hood and I would not say to get a SRI. Tons of snow and water get in the engine bay for sure. I got a Marcy Motorsport CAI and it is great! Oh, and I would say the best mod you could do is to change you tail lights back to 05-07...lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
The F-2 header seems like the best bet. And trubendz.com has a nice exhaust set-up with the option of a high flow cat if you're looking to stay legal. Can't vouch for the actual product just basically what I'm looking at for the spring.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
cosworth makes a high volume fuel rail... but a fuel rail and new injectors are useless without having more power, and if you get bigger injectors, you'll need a retune for the motor to properly use the new injectors...

and again, even though my intake thread states it... you cannot use a check valve and/or bypass valve for the intake, for it to become affective you'll have to install it after the MAF, and then your going to go to a lean condition and still be in the same boat, AEM even states this on their website.. which is where i copied and pasted my information in my intake thread.

speaking of the intake thread, the intake is the best bang for the buck, then an exhaust.

·
Registered
596 Posts
1st mod kn typhoon cai $219.99 shipped

2nd mod frpp suspension (mike) $383.00 shipped/install labor + lifetime alignment warranty $300.00

3rd mod VF lwr rear MM $110.00 shipped/bs delete + F2 header $375.00 shipped/trudendz 2.5" Alum.St. exhaust + hfc $350.00 shipped/CFM 67mm TB $262.00 shipped/tune + X3 Flasher + dyno rental + labor + 9.5% tax $1100 (DynoSpeed Racing)

just looked at invoices... YUCK !

I'm not even gonna total this plus add a couple hundred bucks for other stuff ...
I think I'm thru!

·
Registered
596 Posts
i think i'm gonna work on paying mine off before I do anymore... plus I found out that going FI would mean selling my header and cai then spending astronical amounts for the turbo kit and installation and another tune.. geesh ...

oh well ... it has been fun and my car does perform admirably if you take into account the suspension work and performance hp/tq total...

i think i at least did right by doing a more complete modding i.e. engine/suspension together... brakes are fine from the factory.... thank goodness for that 1 thing i don't feel the need to do

t2 and clutch is probably all left to do, but it will be later... like i said tho after some pay-off on the car

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
why would you want to change your injectors? the dura's injectors are just fine.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
vanilla knows everything i should know i drove in his ford monster truckhahaha
i agree with street racer get parts at a ford dealer or web site, get your google web search and type in (ford racing parts ) i did it two years ago
and found focus fanatics .com which i didnt even know existed[;)]
i found a ford racing magizine which does everything from crate engines to supercharger kits which takes alot of money [?|] what im wondering is where do you get your money to do this stuff and dont tell mee your a school teacher i just want answers on this econmic crisis witch looks like cat poop on mouth so better shut up ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts