Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEVER FORGET THE LORD, NEVER GIVE UP!!!

I AM WANTING TO GET RID OF MY CAT THATS UP FRONT AND WAS WONDERING IF THIS WILL MESS UP THE COMPUTER IN THE CAR OR WILL I NEED SOMETHING TO TRICK THE COMPUTER? I WAS GOING TO HAVE A PIPE PUT IN IT'S PLACE.[???:)]

·
Registered
126 Posts
You need o2 cheater and a couple of o2 sensor bung weld into the pipe. Or you could just get an off road pipe an o2 cheater through several places.

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Is that what you have drew? I don't see it in your mods list, so I was wondering.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
no i dont have a race header. If you want to get rid of the cat buy a race header or you get an orp like henry said.

·
Registered
291 Posts
With a race header and complete exhaust i felt some awsome gains. Just buy and o2 sensor ull be all set...It doesnt hurt you if you drive with out an 02 sensor either...You just run rich so you dont get the best gas milage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I WAS JUST INFORMED THAT I CAN JUST GET THE O2 CHEATER AND PUT A PIPE IN PLACE OF THE CAT AND NOTHING ELSE WOULD BE NEEDED. I ALREADY HAVE A SHORTIE HEADER SO THIS IS PROBABLY THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GO! THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE![:D]

·
Registered
26 Posts
BOSAL IS WORKING ON A HIGH FLOW CAT FOR THE SHORTY HEADER, I WILL TESTING IT OUT NEXT WEEK, ITS BRAND NEW, AND THEY HAVEN'T EVEN FIGURED A PRICE FOR IT YET, ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS.. I ATTATCHED A PIC , THIS IS THE PROTOTYPE

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I'm installing a ford Racing shorty header, Random Technologies Highflow Cat, and a bosal flexpipe tommarow. I recommend the RT highflow cat since it's the only stainless steel highflow cat for the Focus. Plus RT specializes in highflow cats like thats all they do i think thats has to count for something.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
lol, jetbill, say hello to mike for me, i haven't seen that cat since the R&D in...2002 i guess, glad to see its finally going underway

·
Registered
26 Posts
surely, ill have it installed wed, if the snow isnt to bad, my car is real bad in the snow! im assuming this is going to be pretty inexpensive, hopefully less than random. ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
jetbill said:
surely, ill have it installed wed, if the snow isnt to bad, my car is real bad in the snow! im assuming this is going to be pretty inexpensive, hopefully less than random. ill let you know how it goes.
i installed a head, highfow cat, and flexpipe today and there is 4 inches of snow on the ground just get a turpedo heater for ur garage hook it up to propane anre all set.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
lol we posted at the exact same time

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
if they intend on selling it better be cheap or some dang good stainless steel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts