Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone.

I have a 2012 Focus and yesterday had issues with the transmission. Wouldn't shift pass 3rd, wouldn't go over 32mph, sports mode wouldn't activate, and would rev high before doing a jerky shift.

I took it to a local shop about 5 minutes away since I couldn't drive that fast and I didn't know if it would get worse. They almost fix the problem but they find out that ford made a warranty for the TMC and that I would need to take it to the dealership. I didn't realize there was this warranty made up for these parts that I am having issues with. So now my car is at a ford dealership.

My question is can ford reimburse me the money I had to spend at the first car shop I was in? If so, what can I say to ford to make them pay for it? I kind of brought it up with the guy at ford and he said that the other shop should have referred me to ford service, which they did but only when they found out ford had made up a new warranty for my situation. Essentially do I have a dog in this fight to argue with the ford guys to try and get my money back? Especially since I didn't know this warranty was made out of no where because ford knew there were issues with the car.

Thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Threaten them with lemon law/ambulance chaser lawsuit (this is a new cottage industry for PS trannies) and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,326 Posts
Threaten them with lemon law/ambulance chaser lawsuit (this is a new cottage industry for PS trannies) and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using FF Mobile
LOL, Like thats going to touch Ford, come on. The OP should have taken it to a dealer to begin with. If the dealer would of charged him anything, then yea he could of gone to what shop he wanted to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Felix has a good point. Only take it to a dealer for repairs. They have the parts and specialty tools needed for succesful repair. Had mine in 3 times for the Various PS problems. Last time was at 90,000 miles and they replaced the clutch with an F revision assembly. Got 125,000 miles on it now with no further problems. The only good thing about the situation was that it was all covered by warranty and the dealer provided loaner cars. No out of pocket expenses incurred, just the PITA of dealing with it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts