Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the front pads yesterday and noticed that the retaining pin on the front right caliper is AWOL! Where did it go? Who knows. Where can i find a replacement without buying a new caliper...I was hoping yall could help me out with that Haha.

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
rockauto.com you can buy these lil brake kits that come with new rataining clips for the calipers and new rubber for the bleeders

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to repaint, but I think I will wait until spring when the weather isn't so cool.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No go on the junk yard. Went there a couple days ago trolling for SVT parts hahaha. Was going to look for it on some of the part out listings, but $6 for new hardware is fine by me. Thanks guys and mod for moving to correct section...WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ norcalfocus... Kitkat? Now I'm hungry...time to raise the kids Halloween stash hahaha

Oh hahaja I get it now...give me a break! Oh lord. o_O

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I dont think ive seen the green brake pads before.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
People might flame me but I have around 1200 race miles on my SVT conversion with red stuff pads and no retaining clip.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just don't feel safe w/o it...I mean they put it on there for a reason...right? Lol. Plus I felt how much movement the caliper had w/o it. The hardware should be here on Monday...then I can I can break-in my new brake pads :)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
time to clean your wheels w/ green stuff!

I just don't feel safe w/o it...I mean they put it on there for a reason...right? Lol. Plus I felt how much movement the caliper had w/o it. The hardware should be here on Monday...then I can I can break-in my new brake pads :)
& clean your wheels too. Your in for cleaning your wheels w/ green stuff pad's= should of gone w/ red stuff! IMO

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats what plastidip is for! No mo cleaning for this lazy American BAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAA.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Parts from Rock Auto showed up in the mail today. Needless to say I finished the job and test drove. Love the EBC pads btw. Squeaky little bastards if I am braking softly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts