Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I own a black 2000 Ford Focus ZTS. My car was in a reck so I purchased a new bumper. The bumper I had purchased has the slots for the fog lights, but no housings. I was told that focuses from 2000-2004 all come with the wiring, to my understanding I just need to add the housings, bulbs, and the fog light controller. Can someone please clarify this or better educate my knowledge, thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkI section, welcome to FF!

Some have wiring, others do not. With wiring adding the right switch assembly & lights is easier (of the stock variety).

Need to piece that together, or find an NOS kit or repro. kit since Ford isn't selling it anymore.

You'll find more options in this section & further info. on wiring options.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brother told my I have the hook ups, he said I just need the housing, the bulbs and the controller, which I ordered all of these

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,111 Posts
Well then you are set to go and have it easy! Just need a Switch with fog capability,new lower grill to hold the fogs, and the fogs. Which you have said!

plug and play man, its great. I added fogs to my car, did have them prewired.

·
Registered
52 Posts
is it possible to cut the plastic out without ruining anything underneath? I'm considering doing this to transplant the lights.. once I get the car back up and running.

·
Registered
72 Posts
yup

Yes it is. It's pretty easy too. The entire piece can be found at Rockauto.com
listed as "Grille". This picture is for a 2001 model. Part # YS4Z17B814AA

The far ends of the grille sit behind the bumper and attach to the fog light housing.

As far as i know, all Focus are wired for fogs within the loom.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts