Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i own a 2007 ford focus sedan and i just got a amplifire and idk how to put it in cause i dont have speakers in my trunk only in the doors so how can i wire the amp in can anyone help me

thanks josh

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
[welcome]

Is your amp a 4 channel amp? And if you don't have aftermarket speakers in the door I wouldn't amp the stock speakers. It is a complete waste.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok
and the amp that i got had just a positive and a negitive cord on it and the way it was set up befor was that it was conected dreictly into the speakers. and the speakers in the car are still stock

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Is there any way you can post a picture of the connectors or give the brand and model number? And I would buy some speakers or sub to connect the amp to. You will most likly blow your stock speakers with them amped.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok idk i can try

how about a sub with two bare wires for a conecter how can i do that with just the stock door spekers in the car now is there a way to hook that up as well

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea. You will have a power wire which will connect to the positive terminal of the battery. Then you will have a ground that will connect to bare metal on the car. Must be bare, no paint! Next are the RCA's which give the amp the audio to play. If you have a stock stereo you will need to go buy a LOC(line output converter), which taps into your rear speaker wires to give you the RCA outputs. If you have an aftermarket radio, it will already have the RCA outputs. Next is the remote turn on. This tells the amp when to turn on and off. Again if you have an aftermarket radio, you will have a wire that you can use. If not then you can buy a LOC that has a power control for you, or you can tap into a fuse that is on when the car is on.

On to connecting the sub. If the amp is a two channel then you can just use one channel or you can bridge it. If it is a mono block amp then there is only one option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well i understand how to hook it up iam just wondering now if i am going to have to re wire spekers to the trunk cause the only rear speakers i have are in the back passanger doors so am i going to have to rewire and put speakers in the trunk or how do i go from there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts