Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vehicle is a 2005 ford focus with the 2.0 liter engine, here is the part in question:

Here are some accompanying photos to go along with my questions: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157627810936101/

This vehicle was purchased used, and while performing some much needed maintenance, I noticed this part just hanging there, as well as some vacuum lines that were spliced and plugged. I'm pretty sure the part bolts right into the 2 empty bolt holes underneath the intake runners that I have a photo of, but if anyone could tell me what the part is, and tell me the correct way the vacuum lines should be routed to it, it'd be much appreciate(If anyone has a picture of the proper mounting of the part and the routing of the vacuum lines, that would be awesome).

If the photos aren't clear, let me know and I'll get better ones.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
ooooooo PZEV only part. I don't have that myself. Since it's part of emissions, you should be able to see it on the VECI sticker under the hood if you can read vacuum schematics. That might help you figure it out by process of elimination.

It looks like a switch to me. Manifold vacuum on one side, and the other side goes to some sort of device. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately there is no sticker under the hood, and the parts guy at my local ford dealer isn't the sharpest of tools. I'll keep searching but in the meantime any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
872 Posts
That looks like the "Intake Manifold Runner Control Module". Someone moded/disabled the intake runner flaps......isn't that a "common" mod that we see on this forum?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts