Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been recently looking at new exhaust systems for my little sedan and the one i picked out has the escape in the center like an ST but the Sedan bumper doesn't have a hole for it, Instead of cutting a hole out could I swap the Sedan bumper with an ST bumper?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'd have to look at a picture, but usually, most bumper covers are slightly different between sedan and hatchbacks. Pull up a picture of an ST and compare to your car. If things look roughly similar, it may work. If there's some finder details that are a bit off, you're probably gonna have a bad time.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rear bumpers are different. If you bought a complete ST exhaust you will need a straight extention piece for it to fit the sedan.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Front ST bumper will fit your sedan, rear bumper cannot. But you can get an SS tuning rear valance and that will fit onto the stock bumper. Also make sure that exhaust isn’t actually for an ST. The ST exhaust is longer than the sedan one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Agreed. Any bumper cover from 2012 to 2018 will bolt on and any 2018-2015 will bolt on a 2012-2014. You will have to buy the bumper cover and all that goes in to it, like grille, valance, radiator support on some setups but not sure on this one, and you will need the hood, headlights and front bumper bracket kit. This is only if your changing from 2014 to 2015 and vise versa.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not gonna lie I was trying to achieve it the cheapest way possible lol, I have an uncle who has connection and could get me an ST rear bumper/valance for under 200 which is why I was considering swapping the bumper or rear valance if it fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts