Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Can an N/A 2013 Sedan do 14s with stock exhaust?

17K views 79 replies 22 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 ·
I sure got close.

Current mods are Injected 93 Tune, FSWerks Intake, E Focus RMM.

See less See more
#8 ·
When it did a 15.2 it had 205/55/16 tires on the front which were undersized. Now it has stock sized 215/55/16s. It was also running the stock airbox with a snorkel delete and a drop in air filter. Now it has the FSWerks cool flo on it but I really don't think that made a difference.

The spare tire is out of the car because I need to buy another haha. Other than that there isn't anything else done to it.

#9 ·
I really felt like the smaller tires would have made the car faster but I think it slowed me down. With them I was hitting the limiter in 3rd at the end of the track where now I have 100-200 rpm left.

#12 ·
I never saw you run but I definitely remember seeing your car and the black Focus. The guy with the black Focus was nice, he had the K&N intake and said he had an SCT tune but his car wasn't running like it was tuned. I could be wrong though.

#13 ·
I saw him throw down a 16.00 and a 17.XX my girlfriend said. I'll go through her pictures, it seems like she took a lot, maybe I have a picture of you running.

If you didn't see me run then you missed me almost hitting the Red Shelby GT500 at 80MPH head on. Stupid idiot missed the first turn off, turned around and drove back towards the starting line with the lights off when I was already all the way over to exit the first exit.

#14 ·
Haha! I didn't see that but on two runs where I got a really bad launch and basically gave up some guy in a Grand National saw me let off and he let off too. It was pretty funny.

#15 ·
I didn't get to see you run at all but I was watching to try and see. They ran it so shitty the other night, usually they try to match up cars, but this time I ran against two Shelby Gt500's and a 03 Cobra, which was an awesome angle to watch it from, but sucked seeing my ass get kicked that bad.

#23 ·
Don't feel bad. My first time to the track with the mk3 they lined me up with a Mclaren F1. He spanked me BAD, two times in a row. I believe he ran back to back 11.0's@130mph.

#17 ·
Not bad. I feel like my car is mid 15's as it sits right now. Pulls almost as hard as my 07 specV did when I had it. As soon as it gets nicer out I will test it out but by that time I will have ST exhaust and hopefully RMM.

#19 ·
No change in gears he has Injected tune which has the rev limit raised to about 7200. I have seen 95 mph in third on my car. Closed course of course.[:)]

#20 ·
I ran mine down the track bone stock nothing whatsoever with 4000 miles on the car just to see the numbers I ran like 17.2 at 88. so im curious to get that number down now that iv begun to do modifications

#22 ·
I'm planning to go out on the 22nd that's the 1320x night and its only $10 to race.

In response to the gearing questions, yeah my car is a 13, has the same gearing as the other M/T focuses except I'm shifting at 7200 RPM.

#25 ·
As long as it's not next to you blowing your doors off...lol. I told him I was there to just make him look good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.