Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone with a sct custom tuned svt focus in n/a form been able to beat the mk2 st 225 in a 0 to 60 sprint???

·
Registered
500 Posts
I wish you could get one of those over here ? Saw a bunch when i was home in sept , love the Euro mk 2s shape and a five cylinder turbo to boot think you'll need a turbo yourself to hang with that

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for replies guys, do you think its possible to get an svt focus to 60 mph in under 7 seconds, while staying n/a and without head work/ cams etc???,

im talking

with a custom sct tune using an aem af meter

high flow race cat cfm

180 thermostat

high octane fuel

10mm ht leads

cfm 70mm tb

cfm dog bone mount

clutch masters fx250 clutch with light fly

short throw shift

exhaust lunchbox delete

pannel filter with auto air deflector

surely id knock at least a second off standard to 60????

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Well I said how would this happen because SVTs are in America and I believe the ST225 your referring to is the five cylinder ST from Europe

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
thanks for replies guys, do you think its possible to get an svt focus to 60 mph in under 7 seconds, while staying n/a and without head work/ cams etc???,

im talking

with a custom sct tune using an aem af meter

high flow race cat cfm

180 thermostat

high octane fuel

10mm ht leads

cfm 70mm tb

cfm dog bone mount

clutch masters fx250 clutch with light fly

short throw shift

exhaust lunchbox delete

pannel filter with auto air deflector

surely id knock at least a second off standard to 60????

Red are the only things you have that might add power. And even that is maybe 10hp. Which means about 155-160whp.
Nothing to really boast about IMO.

Do some actual work, get actual results. Pretty simple.
Cams, headwork, compression; this is your only options to make N/A power in a ST170.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red are the only things you have that might add power. And even that is maybe 10hp. Which means about 155-160whp.
Nothing to really boast about IMO.

Do some actual work, get actual results. Pretty simple.
Cams, headwork, compression; this is your only options to make N/A power in a ST170.
thanks for reply bro, but i think you miss judged the post, im not talking about more power, im talking about a 0 to 60 sprint, so in that case, you should have the clutch and fly in red as well, you see my point bro??

thanks again for taking the time to reply

rob

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I'm not you 'bro'.
And the clutch makes no difference.

0-60 time is about HP.
More HP, faster time.

The caveat is gear ratio, which is a multiplication of HP.

No matter how you look at it, HP is what you're looking for, and don't have enough of.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not you 'bro'.
And the clutch makes no difference.

0-60 time is about HP.
More HP, faster time.

The caveat is gear ratio, which is a multiplication of HP.

No matter how you look at it, HP is what you're looking for, and don't have enough of.
ok, im sorry for calling you bro, its a friendly term i use on all forums

so, shall i call you mate, but your not my mate
shall i call you friend, but your not my friend
shall i call you buddy, but your not my buddy

what i will do next time, is call you fellow focusfanitics user, ????

will that be better for you??????

why the hostility fellow focusfanitics user, who took the jam out of YOUR doughnut,

im just trying to be a friendly poster,

from now on, please don't reply to my posts, as your not the kind of company i keep,

instead of calling you fellow focusfanitics user (as you may take offence) ill address you as fellow internet user, is that acceptable for you???

·
Registered
100 Posts
The clutch with lightweight flywheel would actually help acceleration due to reducing the rotating mass of the engine quite a bit. It may not physically add any power but the engine will rev faster which is better for acceleration.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It's a positive effect, but a very small one.

Think of how slowly rpm changes (relatively) as you accelerate. Lighter wheels/tires help more, small effect there as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,559 Posts
ok, im sorry for calling you bro, its a friendly term i use on all forums

so, shall i call you mate, but your not my mate
shall i call you friend, but your not my friend
shall i call you buddy, but your not my buddy

what i will do next time, is call you fellow focusfanitics user, ????

will that be better for you??????

why the hostility fellow focusfanitics user, who took the jam out of YOUR doughnut,

im just trying to be a friendly poster,

from now on, please don't reply to my posts, as your not the kind of company i keep,

instead of calling you fellow focusfanitics user (as you may take offence) ill address you as fellow internet user, is that acceptable for you???
Instead of calling him any other name or casting him off like a red headed step-child, perhaps you should either call him by his given name or at least his screen name. He is actually someone that has a lot of good information.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I no that the flywheel wont make a huge difference but it doesnt make NO difference like he said. 0-60 is not all about hp either its alot about weight. If there where two svts one with all power mods with lets say 155whp and one more basic with 145 whp but has light flywheel, light wheels and maybe some interior bit stripped out for lets say a 200lb weight loss the one with the weight loss will win guaranteed!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
i say it wont happen.

it is very very hard to make up a 50hp deficit on a SVT, they are already pretty wrung out. few gains to be had
also 1st gear is too tall. the tranny is bad for drag racing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
its not possible, the only time I was able to beat an mk2 focus st was using a 50hp nitrous shot, we have those in mexico and my SVTF had the cfm tb, all poly mounts, and a custom exhaust of 3" from the collector to the tail (no cat, mufflers or resonators).

it was tuned by tom (well still is but now Im boosted), and even with the NOS it was really close...

·
Registered
293 Posts
i say it wont happen.

it is very very hard to make up a 50hp deficit on a SVT, they are already pretty wrung out. few gains to be had
also 1st gear is too tall. the tranny is bad for drag racing.
he is right not much power to gin on svt bolt on power mods as these motors are purpose built. making your svt as light as possible would be your best bet unless you spend money on a crazy build.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts