Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the story.
i had the vf poly mounts (all 3) in my car for awhile. i wanted to see what it was like to have all stock in because i was getting annoyed with the interior noise.
i bought all 3 motor mounts and after the install when i took the jack out from under the car i distinctly remember that the hydrolic mount (pass side) was never really stressed. there used to actually be a cap on the mount itself.
well i put all of the mounts on and the hydrolic one feels like it is ready to burst. it my 2nd one because about 2 months after i installed all of them the dogbone went along with the hydrolic mount burst.
i bought a new hydrolic, installed it and replaced the dogbone with the vf dogbone and it still looks like it is going to blow?
just out of curiousity i went and picked up another driverside mount because i thought it maybe if it was bad then the other side would drop. nope the hydrolic still looked bloaded.

now my question is can a motor drop? or what can cause a motor to hang low?

any suggestions would be very helpfull.

thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I remember seeing a Mazdaspeed 3 which broke like 2 of the engine mounts and was nearly scraping the ground so I suppose the answer would yes, it can physically drop.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but even with brand new mounts?
what could be causing this?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nobody?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
maybe when you are installing and torquing it down it has too much stress on it

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on which mount?
they al pretty much have a wall that they stop on so you cant go any further. the driverside is uaually a nut so it goes as high as possible.
and the drivers side has a torx screw top and nuts on the threads of it. when i went to pull the nuts off the torx came with them so they are still set to factory defaults?

i just want a normal mount position, lol

if you gus want i brought my car to my work today because my work truck is in the shop. i can go out with the blackberry and take a pic of the pass mount?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I remember one of the mounts on my cousins jetta broke and it dropped the motor a scary amount. sorry though I have no exp with the passenger side mount =/

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know if this happened with mounts that i have had in for awhile i would suspect there to be a mount problem. i replace both uppers and i still have the problem?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can i have one of you admins please move this to technical?

thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts