Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just wanted to know some of your thoughts on stage 1 cams for my 2010 focus. Things such as power gains, labor costs, easy to install or not, which one to get and all of that. Let me know! Thanks.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I have the Crane 224-0010 stage 1's in a 23. How far are you going? 23 head perhaps?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My engine is basically stock but idk how far I plan on going, depends on costs i suppose

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
My engine is basically stock but idk how far I plan on going, depends on costs i suppose
You'd want a head & a 2.5'' exhaust system to start w/ & a tune. You all ready have a sri or cai, right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have a custom exhaust and a k&n cai, im not sure if it's 2.5 inches or 2 though, how much would a cam cost in parts though?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Crane & crowers, you should be able to find then for $300. to $400. for the pr.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would I have to buy springs? Someone told me something about that, and what about installation? Is it something that I can do or is it costly

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
No for the stage and you can run older cam's you don't need the more 08'11's you can run without the cam position sensor I've had my unplugged before without any ill effects you will set a code though.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I need cams in my life. Already have everything else bolt on wise other than the cossie intake manifold. Maybe this next year I will start on more performance.

Reactions: felixthecat

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
You guys can add a pr of mild cams (crane/crower) which are a drop in & get a noticeable improvement using your 20 head. Now add a 23 which flows better & you'll gain the dual runner 23 intake, similar to the svt but is vacuum controlled vs electronic. Your move to figure out if you want to drop in a set of cams or go w/ the 23 head.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Anyone can add those's^^^^^^

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ive have not seen anything on this.. Why doest our gen get any love??

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
MkII Duratec Performance section is relatively recent, it was made up in a realignment to make sections for each generation (some MkII threads were missed and still are over in the other duratec section).

Most MkI duratec info applies, so you can look in both areas. Only the drive by wire is a real change that's significant, along with cam sensor info..

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Get rid of IAC issues and add TB problems.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I cant stomach 400+ for cams its crazy
Have you checked for other brands of cams? Have you checked obx cams? Single pattern cams similar to Cossie's.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts