Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as you guys can tell from the name, I'm goin all N/A. Right now I only have a borla exhaust, one of the best ive been told, and a mac short ram intake, and focus central 2 piece pulley kit, .i like to come up with plans though so my question is, what cam shaft should I get?, I'm getting a stage 1, and I'm going to get the Ford Racing head

Edit, sorry if i said i ported my intake manifold, i was thinking of something else, my bad, damnit always do that tho, but i might get a FR manifold or FC manifold in the future, SORRY THOUGH

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So anybody know what brand cam shafts I should go for?????????, so I can add it to my parts list

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
finish your exhaust first. if u get the head u should mill it if your going all motor. shaving/milling the head will boost compression. cams can be iffy, it really depends on which brand. this guy out here had a race header, full exhaust, nice intake, tb, ported intake mani, the fr head, and had crower (i believe) stage 2 cams, and with both in he lost a ton of low end power. so he went with just the crower intake cam in and stock exhaust and he was going to get stage 1s. me and ed talked about this a while back and he agreed stage 1s are a good choice for this set up... but on the other hand... turbo tom knows a guy that made 173 whp with stage 3 cams and the head.... a lot of its going to come down to tuning.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, thank you eurozx3 on the tip, i'm going to get my FC 65mm t/b next, then FR shorty headers, FC high flow cat and trubendz 2.5 flex

·
Registered
74 Posts
I plan on doing something similar, but I don't plan on milling the FR head because I want to SC it in the future. Does anyone know a lot about the FR Intake?? Does it kill low end torque for upper rpm power? I still want this thing to be pleasurable to drive on the street.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
if i were doing this, and this is me not everyone else would reccomend this, id go ahead and get the 70mm TB, yeh theres no idle bypass, but you can drill a hole in the butterfly for that if you need it, Mustang guys have been doing it for years, again just what id do, id say 3 or3 3/4 cams, there are even some rare companies that make even more aggressive cams if you desire

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aight, I was thinking of getting a 70mm t.b and i guess i will now, and instead of stage 1, get stage 3, thanks guys for the tips

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and that means i should get the FC intake manifold if im going 70mm then, or would the ford racing manifold take a 70mm t.b?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well after your making alot of power id say the FR, but until then a ported 2000 should work out for you

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
he will be making pretty good high end power with the stage 3s the intake mani woudlnt be a bad idea. talk to ray at www.mcnewsautomotive.com about making it a direct bolt on. the cars not gonna run anywhere near as smoothly as she does now.... and when u start to make the power u will with these cams and the head your going to need to upgrade your fuel system and clutch fyi

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well its a good idea w/ all that fnished to do the entire tranny, flywheel, LSD, and geard if you want, along w. the clutch, and yeh the stg 3s will be good for power, but he wont make the power over night, so i wouldnt reccomend slapping on the FR mani until then

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Ok if you are going to stay N/A then you must come up with a plan for all of your mods.

Euro the guy turbo toms knows made 171 whp with crower stage 2's.

The FR intake manifold isn't necessary until you start making immense power up high, for example above 5500 rpms. Now if you are making power that high then you will have next to no low end.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i wish i could see a dyno of it. i want a good power range from 3k-7k im thinkin if i dont go with an s/c im going with a fr head milled and stage 1s, hope theres no probs or dead spots.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
its worthless going with those cams/manifold/tb if not running a race header and headwork....

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Stage 1 cams are not aggressive enough to take advantage of all the free flowing mods. Here is his dyno btw. If he had crower stage 3's I am betting he would see 180 whp.

·
Registered
341 Posts

HEHEHE!!!! and there's still more left. rest of the info is on my dyno page in my website.

http://thewarf.com/ryan/

ford stage 1s are not bad at all...you can make power in basic NA form, or if you go FI, there a good match for the job. just gotta pick you spots.

-Ult

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Ult as great as that is, I think euro wants to make more power.

I have been telling people that 180 whp is not that hard to achieve. Many though think it requires exotic parts and complicated installation.

·
Registered
341 Posts
but if he wants FI, then its a different can of worms cam-wise. i know i personally dont wanna go much farther at all (svt exhaust, maybe a mild head...thats it engine wise). things like bigger injectors, new MAF, chip burns, none of that, i desire none of it. if i can make her go 150whp/140tq, i'll be happy and worry bout doin a diff and slix.

-Ult

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
focal what do u think my dyno would look like if i had race header/exhaust, 2k mani, tb, intake, fr head milled for 11:1 and stage 1s? i wanna keep some low end and torque still, the guy with 171 isnt really making a whole lot of torque. i really am pretty confused on what cams to get. i know i dont want to have to rev any higher than 7200, be nice to make decent power around 3 or 4k

1 - 20 of 31 Posts