Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that cams are up for sale from esslinger on their site. They have two intake cams, on for non-VCT and one for VCT engines. They also have an exhaust cam but it doesn't specify if it is VCT or not. Is the exhaust side non-VCT on our cars? I would link them but I don't have enough posts.馃槥

#dailydriven
i can't even find their website. could you type it in? at least their homepage.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Sure here is where I found them:

store(dot)esslingeracing(dot)com/cart/duratec_2_0l__2_3l____2_5l_parts-list(dot)aspx

Registered
Duratec is a very vague description as this covers a very wide range of motors.
I very much doubt that these will fit, but I'll wait for one of the veterans to confirm.
As for VCT, we Ti-VCT. Huge difference.

Old Phart
Just wait then, won't be long until both for VCT are displayed.

But they were already avail. by order, just had to give them a yell.

w/ my magic bag
Are these for say the 05-07 n/a 2.3 duratec focus st? I believe crower makes cams for them...

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
You can use the exhaust cams. I'd rather use a matched set, such as Crane, Crower or Cosworth. OBX offers a Cossie copy cat 'road set'' which are a single pattern vs the Crane/Crower offerings using a dual pattern. Cams do really make a difference.......

Registered
You can use the exhaust cams. I'd rather use a matched set, such as Crane, Crower or Cosworth. OBX offers a Cossie copy cat 'road set'' which are a single pattern vs the Crane/Crower offerings using a dual pattern. Cams do really make a difference.......

I got a mazda with the 2.3 duratec ive always wondered about putting in these cams. Problem is the 05 ECU is basically impossible to tune (no joke) i could see them being compatible 06-08 with a custom tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Phart
They've got cams for yours, this thread is on ones for the MkIII 2012+ cars.

edit: Tom confirmed the ones linked are for earlier models, current are special order still AFAIK.

FF Affiliate
I got a mazda with the 2.3 duratec ive always wondered about putting in these cams. Problem is the 05 ECU is basically impossible to tune (no joke) i could see them being compatible 06-08 with a custom tune
You mean the Mazda 05 you cant tune not the Focus ?

Tom

Torretto!
Esslinger offets custom cams for MK3...not cheap.around 900+ then cost for buckets....RDC Rebel Devil Customs claims esslinger street cams available by end of month for better price then custom......the cams with vvt will be difficult to tune as well.

Registered
Esslinger offets custom cams for MK3...not cheap.around 900+ then cost for buckets....RDC Rebel Devil Customs claims esslinger street cams available by end of month for better price then custom......the cams with vvt will be difficult to tune as well.
From what I've read, Tom has said that to tune for any changes In VCT it would have to be done actively on a Dyno. So add that to the equation.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts