Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I buy a set of Cams (I have no idea who from yet) what would be the benifits from them? What HP/TQ will I get? How will it effect daily drive? How much do they run? Will I HAVE to get a tune for them? Etc.?

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
The Crower stock replacement cams don't require a tune, but are not an extreme change to the profile (great for small turbo IMO).

Anything else really needs a tune. You can get away with just cams if you choose one of the stage 1 cams and keep your rpm limit at stock. Stage 2 cams and above require heavy duty spring kit. Any of them would be much better with exhaust, and either a ported stock TB or aftermarket (best) TB.

Tunes really help out a lot. My SCT is saving me money in gas- although not enough to pay itself off- it was still a good choice to have for future upgrading.

·
Registered
345 Posts
crane stage ones don't require a tune and you'd be looking at probably 8-10 hp and tq.

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you are interested in cams i'm selling stage 2 cosworth cams with cosworth heavy duty valve springs for 375.00 this includes shipping

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. That sounds awsome ASMAR, but my finances are teh shit right now. I might take you advise Whynot, about getting a tune first and then cams and such.

Another question though, if I buy the SCT and cams after, do I have to send the SCT back for reprogram? Or do I just plug the SCT in and it'll know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts