Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a thread on Focaljet about these cams: http://www.catcams.be/800x600/mainframe.htm?english

It looks legit, then there was discussion of CFM being a distributor. Is this going to happen? Will we finally have easy to get, moderately priced, solid performance cams[headbang] ?

Website seems to be glitchy right now so link might not work

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
There's no rule saying you can't mention Focaljet or Focusfanatics on either site; it seems silly that everyone has been saying "the other site" lately, on both sites.

With that out of the way, there was discussion about CFM going to talk to the Cat Cams reps at the PRI tradeshow in Orlando this weekend. Any information beyond that is purely speculation and hope. I'm the one who told them that Cat Cams would be there, and they told me they'd stop by their booth. That's all.

If you want to know if it will happen, ask CFM directly. They have their own forum on here and on FJ.

·
Registered
836 Posts
So more about these cams, what kind of gains/performance could one expect over stock?

·
Registered
324 Posts
i would love to see aftermarket cams that are nice for the svt!!!!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I PM'd CFM, they said they are working distributing them and they will post up when they come out.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
with new cams, all of us are going to be hading for the dyno, so gotta factor in 350-600 for tuning on top of the price for the cams. that is assuming you already have a flasher.

yes exciting, as long as they are affordable

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
omg...camz!

·
Registered
626 Posts
im excited.... i dont know my head from a hole in the ground bout cams but it looks like you gotta be careful bout the vct.... just from reading some of the descripitions on that site....
if im wrong someone please correct me

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
It's not all that complicated. Supposedly you can get cams from Cat Cams that are already plumbed for VCT on the intake side, so nothing to worry about there. Swap the gear onto the new cam and you should be fine.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
I'll be anxious to see some specs.
We've already got some extremely aggressive cams.
Anything over and above that is going to be all that much harder to live with in a DD.

·
Registered
626 Posts
if c-f-m does get these i sure wont be the first to do it.... i cant afford to be a guinea pig right now

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Wow...this made my night...haha.

I was planning on (in the future) getting my cams reground through Cat cams. I think my new cams will be here quicker than I thought. Before the process involved sending my cams to them and waiting...for a while.

Maybe the SVT will finally be able to make some more N/A power....

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
It's like December is the month of happiness for Focus owners... Ford's approved the global platform in 2 years, SVT is back in the picture, and now we might actually get cams. [:D]

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
sweet ..
i started a new thread in the cfm area and asked them
so maybe we can get some info from them

1 - 20 of 47 Posts