Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this applies to a 2.0 duratech pzev. trying to get more power w/o turbo but what to keep what i do easily reversible...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
no it won't if they check your PCM for an aftermarket tune, idk about smog

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
as long as you don't mess w/ the cat, u should b ok!! but it may ware down ur cat faster

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you shouldn't need to tune ur pcm unless u have a radical lift and duration

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
you should, otherwise you don't get much hp..gotta add fuel to make use of them

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the injectors can handle more hp than stock, i think they only run at 80% width from the factory, so ur computer should sense ur running slightly lean and compensate for it. heck, on the zetec, the 19 lb/hr injectors can run 160 whp just fine!! so just cams on a dura shouldn't mean getting new injectors. if you do a full out na build, then i can see a problem, but just cams shouldn't need a tune. if you go w/ a sct or something, then you could have issues from an emmissions standpoint

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i would only recommend stage 1's if your gonna try and still pass emissions, the stock parameters of the PCM should still allow enough compensation for the stage 1's

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Stage 2 will be fine as long as you dont remove the manicat. You can put the tune back to stock and they will not find out.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ that's what i waiting to hear. i didn't know if stage 2 cams would pass smog with a factory tune. i can put the factory tune back, put the big fat factory intake back, i can even put the exhaust back. but i didn't want to have to take the cams back out, lol

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
There are enough cats there to take away any extra emmisions that the cams give if any.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
The emmission police cannot tell you have a tune in your car or cams unless there wild so the cam and a proper tune sold pass , I can get cams ,turbo etc to pass the sniff test here in NC

Tom

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Arent the cam gears hidden on the duratecs underneath the valve cover.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, but he has a mazda, so maybe thats different?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
no it isn't in that respect, i think he's just referring to tuners in general

you'll be fine in the visual department

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
if you start making too much power, for emissions, just weld on another cat or 2!!! lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts