Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
!st thing 1st, I've read a lot of the stickey's. So w/ that, what can I expect for adding a set of crower stage 1 cam's or cossie's fast road=255 degree cam's in my 23 w/ steeda's sri/ borla flex pipe back/ cfm's udp's/ bds plug & windage tray, using mobil 1 oil. & I would add a tune to it. Can I expect 10+ hp & 15lbs of torque or not? Looking for some mid range! Any idea's or input is welcome. Thanx to all!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm interrested in this too...

·
Registered
716 Posts
me too. I want to try a stage 3 though...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cam's

me too. I want to try a stage 3 though...
Stage 3 sound's awesome. This is my DD, so no stage 3 for me. I'd do a stage 1 thou.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
E made 180whp, with crane stage 2s, cosworth header, cosworth cai, and full exhaust. That car is seriously quick...

I really wonder what the max power a 2.3 can make with intake, exhaust, cams, and tune, and possibly a cosworth IM. I hate how loud these cars are with a header...

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
One member made 179whp I believe on his ST with IHET and cossie, but no cams! I think with a set of stage 2's, a real dyno tune and some luck 200whp could be possible. of course this is just theorycrafting...

Im not sure youll see 15wtq increase with the stage 1's, but it should be a really healthy bump

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
200whp with IHET and cams has been ton many times. I just really wonder if you did all that minus the header, if you could get to something like 170-175whp...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Header=loud!

E made 180whp, with crane stage 2s, cosworth header, cosworth cai, and full exhaust. That car is seriously quick...

I really wonder what the max power a 2.3 can make with intake, exhaust, cams, and tune, and possibly a cosworth IM. I hate how loud these cars are with a header...
I know what you mean, w/ a header=loud. It's not like a V/8 w/ header's. That's one of the reason's I was looking at the Crower cam's stage 1. I think you really need a header to get the stage 2 or 3 rolling. What is your thought's on the cossie manifold? It is cool, but I beleive it need's velosity to work & then 4500 or so RPM, then it start's pulling, on a 23, maybe 5000 RPM on a 20. Just theoris. I'm new to these 4 cylinder car's. I was trying to use the stock exhaust manifold, that's why I was looking at the stage 1 cam's.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I've been trying to find some dynos of decently modded cars with the stock manicat still on. If I could get to 160whp with intake, exhaust, stage 1 cams, and tune. (Maybe a cossie IM) I'd be happy with that, I'd be really happy with 170whp with those mods, but doubt that would happen.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I did crower st.2's. I love em. Had a bit of trouble on the install, but other then that it was one of the best mods I've done.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
What other mods do you have on your car currently?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts